Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/11 18:47
Hi,
I reserved a hotel near the Kanazawa castle park but as it is more than 30 minutes walking from the station I need to take a bus there.

There are the local loop buses and the local shuttle bus that can be used but I am a bit worried about space for my suitcase.

I will only be using it once, from the station to the center, then the luggage is off with takuhaibin from the hotel. Will be using it around 14.00-15.00 when I arrive in Kanazawa, considering usage of the bus (being full or so).

Might be later if my plane is delayed...
by Ukoo (guest)  

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/12 08:13
Unless your budget is really tight, just take a taxi.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/12 08:22
How much is a taxi then?

But yes my budget is a bit tight.
by Ukoo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/12 09:07
There are so many buses that run the Kanazawa Station - Castle Park route that it shouldn't be a problem unless you have so much luggage that you can't easily manage it yourself. I'd just go for the tourist loop bus. They are so frequent, you probably won't have trouble finding room in a bus traveling in the direction of the castle at 2pm.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/12 09:21
I would avoid the loop bus. Those are smaller old fashioned bonnet buses and are usually jammed with tourists getting on and off at each stop. The Kenrokuen Shuttle bus is better as they use a full size bus.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/12 19:33
Well now I am confused... The right or left loop use the smaller buses I think but the opposite loop uses the bigger. But you confuse me so much I dont know what to believe...

I will carry a suitcase of about 65 cm height and 45 cm wide. Plus a smaller backpack.
by Ukoo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/12 19:43
Get to Kanazawa, and before you leave the JR station go to the tourist info counter (just inside the station, at the exit where the buses leave).

They'll give you excellent advice on buses, hotels, tourism, and anything else you can think of. They are EXCELLENT, and have plenty of foreign language speakers. They will certainly advise you on the best/cheapest/easiest way(s) to get to your hotel, and if the answer is by bus or taxi they'll be able to point you towards the relevant bus stop/taxi rank (which will probably be just outside).

They really are a great tourist info centre.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/13 01:10
by Shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa loop bus with luggage? 2015/8/13 12:40
I think you can leave your suitcase at coinlocker at Kanazawa station which is not expensive so you can enjoy your trip at Kanazawa, wonderful city!
by Huong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread