Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Options for Lone Traveller in Ginzan Onsen 2015/8/16 18:33
Hi hi,

I plan to travel to Ginzan Onsen myself in Jan/Feb 2016. Is there any accommodation option for me, since most of the accommodation I found are ryokans.

If I base myself in Yamagata JR, will it be feasible to look at the lightup along the river and travel back to Yamagata?
by Coke Lover (guest)  

Re: Options for Lone Traveller in Ginzan Onsen 2015/8/17 12:11
The last bus from Ginzan Onsen to Oishida station leaves at 18.21 and arrives at the rail station at 18.51. And if you can catch a shinkensen from Oishida to Yamagata it is only slightly more than 30 min so you can be back in Yamagata as early as 19.30. The light-up in Ginzan starts around 16.30, so you have close to 2 hrs to walk around which is more than adequate as the village is just about 10 min walk from one end to the other.

Although it is quite feasible to do a day trip to Ginzan Onsen to see its light-up the best way to fully enjoy the place is still to go for an overnight stay. Apart from the onsen experience and the good food, another good time to walk around town is during dawn when there is enough daylight to take photos without using flash. We had a memorable stay there during the month of Feb and below you can see some of our trip photos.
https://picasaweb.google.com/117006987794372147390/Tohoku?gsessionid=m...#
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread