Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/17 00:23
Hi

I'm a food lover espeically when it comes to Jap Kaiseki.

I guess Kyoto is one of the places to offer fine Kaiseki and last visit had proven that such meal can be within affordable range of less than 6000 JPY.

I wonder is it cheaper to eat Kaiseki during weekday lunch ? Or it's the same thruout the week? Thanks

Any recommendation?
by Arcaninx  

Re: Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/17 01:54
Its definitely cheaper to eat kaiseki for lunch, in kyoto there are lots of places that have discounted lunch sets. I went to this 2 star Michelin Star restaurant called Roan Kikunoi some time last december. During lunch they have the courses at 4000/7000/10000 yen and i can vouch for them that which ever you choose is well worth the money. I took the 7000 yen course and it was really filling but nonetheless the food was use outstanding, the sashimi prepared was extremely fresh.
by Shingen1992 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/17 21:20
I second the recommendation for Roan Kikunoi. I've had both the Y4000 and Y10000 prix-fixe lunches, and both were fantastic.

You might also check out some shojin-ryori restaurants: http://bento.com/kansai/kc-kyoryori-ky.html

by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/17 22:33
Fantastic. I will try them for sure. Probably visit Kyoto durng weekday to avoid Koyo crowd :)
by Arcaninx rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/18 00:36
Just a hint that Friday's and Monday's will be a bit busier as they both abutt the weekend which is an important thing if your trying to skip the crowds in Koyo. Also starting the day early helps you beat the crowds as well.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/19 20:58
Thanks for the advices. I will change my plan to go on Wednesday instead on a Mon. Great to hav u experts
by Arcaninx rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Budget Kaiseki 2015/8/22 13:28
You show ignorance by shortening Japanese to Jap. Don't do that in the future!
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread