Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

nikko-fuji-hakone tour 2015/8/22 06:21
hi.

it's my first time to travel to Japan..

we want to stay at a Ryokan hotel, and do the following activities:
shinjuku gyoen garden, snow town yeti, lake ashinoko cruise, konagatake ropeway, hakone hotspring and visit Nikko

here is the tentative plan we would like to do.

(day 1) - from narita hotel, travel to tsukiji market
- go back to hotel by 10am to check out, and travel to Shinjuku
- check in at Ryokan Takemine hotel in Nakaochiai Shinjuku ward
- visit shinjuku gyoen national garden and metropolitan tokyo building

(day 2) - from hotel, go to fuji visitor center, go to snow town yeti, have some lunch (still dont know where yet), do Lake ashinoko cruise, and do the komagatake ropeway
- we still want to go to hakone hotsprings

(day 3) - from hotel, travel to Nikko and see Toshogu shrine, see lake chuzenji and kegon Falls
- if we still have time, might go to some shopping malls

question:
*what do u think of our itinerary?
*isnt day 2, too much to do in one day? my main priority in that trip for day 2 is the snow town yeti and hotsprings.
*any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

thank you
by tigress007  

Re: nikko-fuji-hakone tour 2015/8/22 15:36
Generally speaking, you are missing the travel time between the different places.

- Do you arrive at Narita airport on day 0 (the day before day 1), and stay over in Narita that night? If you can you should travel to Tokyo as soon as you arrive in Narita airpot. You want to be very early at Tsujiki to see the market. And it is a waste of time to "go back" to hotel (in Narita) after that. Please note that Narita is completely outside of Tokyo.

- Day 2: if you are starting from Shinjuku in the morning and returning to Shinjuku in the evening, I recommend that you focus on Hakone (Lake Ashinoko, Komagatake ropeway, etc.), instead of going to Snow Town Yeti and Fuji visitor center. (If you want to focus on Snow Town Yeti, I am sorry but I am not familiar with the place.)

- Day 3: This is once again from Shinjuku/Tokyo, correct? This should be fine. But you want to start early from Tokyo to do a day trip to Nikko.

With this, it does not look like you can stay in any hot spring "ryokan" by the way?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: nikko-fuji-hakone tour 2015/8/22 16:38
I think you need to either do this in more days or take something out.
There's very limited buses to and from Snow Town Yeti, that's honestly a day trip in itself: http://www.yeti-resort.com/en/access/

If you wanted to do Hakone hotsprings, you could take the bus back from yeti to Gotemba, and then a bus from there back to Hakone for the night. But you may miss the curfew for dinner if you're wanting to stay at a Ryokan.
You'd then need the next day to do the loop around Hakone.

Another option is instead of going to Hakone for hot springs is to stay a night in Nikko.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: nikko-fuji-hakone tour 2015/8/24 11:25
hi.. i'm sorry to confuse you..

day 0 - we will arrive in narita airport about 7pm. so we will check-in narita exccel hotel for that night

day 1 - wake up early to see the tsukiji market, go back to the hotel to check out the next day at 11am. then travel to shinjuku ward to check in at Ryokan Takemine in shinjuku ward nakaochiai. this is where we going to stay until we leave japan. also see gyoen national park

day 2 - travel from Shinjuku ward to snow town yeti and go back to the hotel by 5pm

day 3 - i think we will just tour hakone so we dont have to rush

day 4 - check out early. visit japan tower. then go to airport by 3pm

would u recommend us to stay in a hotel in shinjuku? or is there any other hotel we can stay so it is closer to the places we want to see and where we want to go..

we can always change the hotel since it is free cancellation anyway.

thank you
by tigress007 rate this post as useful

Re: nikko-fuji-hakone tour 2015/8/24 11:59
I think you should simply proceed to central Tokyo on day 0 after you arrive, and stay over in Shinjuku. It will be a waste of time that you have to travel into central Tokyo on the early morning of day 1 then return to Narita to check out. (You cannot get up early enough in Narita to go see the interesting times at Tsukiji market in any case...)

Please check the transportation to Snow Town Yeti.

I assume you mean either Tokyo Tower or Tokyo Skytree when you say "Japan Tower"...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread