Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

stay in Nikko and activities 2015/8/22 06:49
Hi, I will travel to Japan next February 2016, since it is quite far outside of Tokyo, where can I go or any recommended activities around it?

Next, if so, how long should I stay there and is it possible for Nikko to have snow from 10th to 20th of February?

Thank you :-)
by Duan173  

Re: stay in Nikko and activities 2015/8/22 17:33
Are you going to stay only in Nikko? Where are you flying into/out of Japan, and what does the rest of your itinerary look like?

Usually people travel from Tokyo on a 1, 2, or 3 day trip to Nikko. One day if you want to just tour the key temples/shrines and Kegon waterfalls, 2 days if you want to stay over in Nikko city and enjoy hot spring/ryokan stay, and 2 or 3 days max. if you want to also go to Nikko Edo Wonderland and/or any additional attraction nearby.

There is no way to predict weather that precisely, but yes in the upper Nikko area it is likely that there will be snow.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: stay in Nikko and activities 2015/8/23 03:56
Thank you! Appreciate that much!
My itinerary would be like this:

Day 1 and 2
Tokyo
-shinjuku
-harajuku
-tokyo tower
-tokyo skytree
-asakusa
-ginza
-roppongi
-shibuya
-Akihabara

Day 3
mt fuji

Day 4
Tokyo disneyland

Day 5 or/and 6
Nikko-okunikko

Day 7
yokohama

And do I need JR pass kanto region?
by Duan173 rate this post as useful

Re: stay in Nikko and activities 2015/8/23 13:26
Oh, if you are going as far as Oku-nikko, I recommend that you stay over in Nikko.

Are you talking about JR Kanto Area Pass? You dont need it for your days in Tokyo (days 1 & 2), Disneyland, or Yokohama, and for Nikko you can take Tobu railways if you want to. You could use the pass to take JR Shinkansen to Nikko, though.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: stay in Nikko and activities 2015/9/18 14:11
You should totally go!

Your itinerary is very city-ish!

Except for Mt Fuji haha Dont waste the opportunity of meeting nature surrounded Shrine and Temples that can only be seen in Japan!

by anyapj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread