Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/22 12:39
Hello,

Are there Kyoto Buses that goes directly from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari? from the map the Keihan trains are a bit long walk from these two spots. What are the bus numbers?

Also, from Fushimi Inari to Kiyomuzedera Temple bus?

Thanks
by Owen (guest)  

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/22 16:20
Take the JR train line instead between the two? The JR station (Inari) is right outside Fushimi Inari. That said, while I haven't been to Tofukuji, the walk between Keihan Fushimi Inari station and Fushimi Inari shrine isn't that far, maybe 5 minutes.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/22 16:25
I have the Kansai Thru Pass so might take the trains. I was just wondering if there are buses coz I assume these buses park right outside these tourists spots that would of course reduce our walking time.

by Owen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/22 16:41
The buses don't park right outside, just as close as possible. Most of the tourist sights are set in parks or well back from the road.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/23 12:18
I would just take the Keihan Main Line as it is only one stop away from Tofukuji to Inari, and the Fushimiinari Station is only a 5 minute walk away through the neighbourhood and some of the touristy stores in front of Inari Shrine.

With respect to going to Kiyomuzedera the easiest probably is take the JR Line back to Kyoto Stn and then take the Bus 206 to "near" Kiyomuzedera (the bus passes by on the main street, you have to walk up to the temple). This might sound counterproductive but I had to wait for 4 buses before getting on a bus that barely had any room after seeing Sanjusangendo Temple. And this was on a weekday. You can also get on the Keihan Line and get off I believe at Shichigo Station and catch the same bus route there, but again you might have to wait for a few buses before you can get on. I provided a link with a map of the Kyoto bus network.

http://kansaiconnect.com/downloads/kyotobus2.pdf
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/23 23:36
Maybe we can take the bus from Fushimi Inari to Kyoto stn then catch the bus 206 to Kiyomuzedera. Again we have the Kansai Pass and we have to maximize it also. Jr is not covered by the pass hehehe...

Regarding the buses from Kyoto Station, how often do they have a trip? or how many buses leave for these tourists spots say within 10 minutes?

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/23 23:45
Hello,

Thanks for the inputs.

From the bus routes link... why is it that I dont see any bus numbers from Kyoto Station going to either Tofukuji and Fuhimi Inari?

from Fuhsimi Inari, I might take the bus to Kyoto Station then ctach 206 to Kiyomuzedra... We have the Kansai Pass and we want to maximize it. JR line is not covered by the pass though the fare to Kyto stn is cheap

Re: Kyoto Bus from Tofukuji to Fushimi Inari 2015/8/24 07:45
To me that sounds like a painfully slow trip. This site might help you work out the different ways you can get around Kyoto. It also includes estimated walking times to the sites: http://www.arukumachikyoto.jp/static.php?page=bus_train_info&lang=en

According to that site, other than taking the 206 from Kyoto station or Shichijo station, you can also take the keihan line up to Gion Shijo station and take either the 207 or the Keihan buses 88C, 83A, 87 to Kiyomizumichi stop.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread