Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Express - 14 day period 2015/8/25 21:13
Hi, I'm just wondering whether the 14 day validity period for the Narita Express pass counts from the time of purchase or from the date. Does the date of purchase count as one of the 14 days?

Eg we are arriving on a Tuesday night, and leaving the Tuesday night two weeks later. Technically this is a 15 day period but if I buy the pass the Tuesday night, it should be valid until the time of purchase two weeks later?
by Michael (guest)  

Re: Narita Express - 14 day period 2015/8/26 10:06
All passes in Japan are based on calendar days, not times. So From Thursday to Thursday would be 15 days and thus not valid.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Express - 14 day period 2015/8/26 13:05
I can recall someone on this forum saying that the day you buy the N'EX round-trip ticket actually counts as "Day 0", which makes it possible to make the return trip on the same day of the week, 2 weeks later.

However, I have no way of confirming this.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Express - 14 day period 2015/8/26 13:24
From what can be seen on Google images, no, the first day is day 1.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Express - 14 day period 2015/8/26 18:38
Whatever day or time, that is day one. (eg if you purchase at 11pm, your first day is only one hour)
by couldabeen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Express - 14 day period 2015/8/26 19:02
Thanks for the answers everyone
by Michael (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread