Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working in Japan in the health sector? 2015/8/26 17:58
I have always wanted to move to and live in Japan.

I wanted to know if I will be able to get into the health sector with experience from the UK(I will be starting work as a health care assistant with the NHS)? Or would I need qualifications?

I don't know Japanese so this would be an issue xD
I am learning the language at a VERY slow pace and was hoping to learn the language once I start living there.

What other options do I have to actually work in Japan? I have already looked at English Teaching jobs.
by HercULAS  

Re: Working in Japan in the health sector? 2015/8/27 12:13
You would need to pass the relevant medical licencing exams, which will be in Japanese only. So, yes, you'd need exceptional Japanese ability - one mistake in reading a drug label and someone dies.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Japan in the health sector? 2015/8/27 12:13
If I recall other threads on this correctly, I believe you must pass all exams in Japanese and that Japanese is a bit more complicated than the everyday Japanese. You must learn all the medical terminology in Japanese and I've heard that's quite difficult.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Japan in the health sector? 2015/8/27 20:57
I remember that a couple of months ago there was a good thread that was similar to your question.

From memory the person was an american nurse and some people gave some good advice.

I think the basic gist was that there was a big need for qualified nurses and healthcare professionals but you need excellent conversational and specifically written skills in Japanese.

Others with more knowledge on the forum will be able to confirm or clear up my understanding written above
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Working in Japan in the health sector? 2015/8/27 23:20
Hmmm I see well I guess thats out of the window xD I wont be learning advanced Japanese any time soon.

I will look at other options.

Thanks all!
by HercULAS rate this post as useful

reply to this thread