Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Tokyo Shinkansen after Labour Day 2015/8/28 01:59
Hi! I'll be in Kyoto on 23 Nov (Labour Day) and will be returning to Tokyo the next day. May I know the best timing (besides early morning) to secure non-reserved seats on the bullet train back to Tokyo, since I'm sure it will be crowded just a day after Labour day?

I do not intend to buy reserved seats as I have young children with me who do not need to pay base fare.

Thanks in advance!
by Chickpea81  

Re: Kyoto to Tokyo Shinkansen after Labour Day 2015/8/28 11:23
The best way to secure non-reserved seats on a train at Kyoto Station is to get there early and be the first in line at one of the painted sections of the platform where the doors of the non-reserved cars open. It's first come, first served. Get there early enough and you'll have the pick of whatever seat there are left on that car.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Tokyo Shinkansen after Labour Day 2015/8/29 02:11
Another way is to go to the start station for that Shinkansen.
Example, go to Shin-Osaka and be first in line of the Non-Reserved Seating and you should get a seat. Being Kyoto is the second stop, there is a small chance it might be full already due to the holiday. I guess worst case you can just stand until about Nagoya. A lot of people do get of at Nagoya, but I don't think it will come to that. Its more of the reserved seats will be full.

Hope this helps!!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread