Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 03:08
Hello so far my itinerary is this:
October15th -19th: Tokyo
19th-20th: hakone
20th-24th: kyoto
24th-25th: Osaka
25th-26th: Mount Koya
26th-27th: Miyajima

I I need a suggestion where to stay on 27th and 28th, the last two nights in japan. Another night in Tokyo and one more in Kyoto? Spend 1 more night in Miyajima to see Himeji castle? Shiragawa-go?
Anyway, any idea will help. Thank you
by agustin1981 (guest)  

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 11:44
What airport are you leaving out of?
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 11:47
Haneda. October 30 at 12:05 AM
by agustin1981 rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 11:51
Then I would suggest spending the remaining days around the Tokyo area.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 12:54
If you want to see Himeji castle, don't travel there from Miyajima. Miyajima is an island and you would have to get a ferry to Miyajimaguchi, then a train to Hiroshima, and finally a train/shinkansen to Himeji. It would take ages! Maybe spend one night in Miyajima and one night in Hiroshima, and see those areas at a slower pace? Travelling to Miyajima from Mt. Koya would also take some time.

You could also travel to Osaka, and from there daytrip to Kanazawa and travel to Tokyo that night (2.5 hours either way, but something to do!).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 13:25

If I were you, I would rearrange the itinerary to include Nikko; could be perfect timing for koyo during your visit.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 14:44
I agree with the three above. Head to Tokyo. Pop by one of the places like the mentioned Nikko, Nagano, or Kanazawa
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 15:35
Plenty to do in Hiroshima, and go back to Tokyo by plane on the morning of Oct 30.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 15:43
Another option is to be en Yokohama (as it is near Haneda Airport) and tour Kamakura from there.

PS: I also did Miyajima after Koyasan and it wasn't the best idea. I would place it between your Kyoto and Osaka plans.
by Pablo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 16:53
12:05 am means 5 past midnight on the 30th, plane would be gone if they left on the 30th!
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/28 19:16
So. One night in Hiroshima to do te city and Himeji castle and the last night in tokyo and visit nikko or kanazawa. Do you guys agree?
Pablo. I ve already booked the night in a temple in mount koya and it was hard to get.

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/29 05:51
I'm late to this party but just to throw one in, our last few trips we've stayed the final few night in Enoshima. It is a great little island with plenty to do, and handy to Kanazawa. Then to get to (Narita in our case) it is really easy. I dont know about Haneda, but I'd have thought it would be easy too.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/29 08:29
Interesting idea about enoshima. I will like to chill the last day. I will try to change my itinerary like this:
Until october 24th the same
24-25th: mount koya
25-26th: osaka
26-27: miyajima
27-28: hiroshima and himeji castle
28-29: enoshima

What do you say?

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/29 13:14
I say awesome! If you want a tip on where to stay at Enoshima, we stay at Iwamotoro Honkan. It is pretty reasonable, the rooms are nice (oldish but good), we have views of Fuji in the early morning, and the food is good, with very interesting onsen facilities. The review of it on Japan Guest Houses was from us, if that all sounds familiar when you read it...

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/30 00:20
Is Kanazawa really worth it? if it is i will try to squeeze it someday during my itinerary

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/30 05:06
Kanazawa is a really nice little city. The garden is worth a look alone. Personally, I found it to be pretty subdued after Kyoto so I would visit it before Kyoto, or in a trip where I wasnt visiting Kyoto at all. On your current itinerary if you are going to Kyoto for 4 days already and also Kamakura, I dont know that I would take the 3 hours or so from Kyoto to get to Kanazawa, I'd look for something more on the route you are travelling.

Hikone is nice for a stop - just off from Maibara which is the stop before or after Kyoto, depending on the direction. We stay overnight, but it makes for a good half day trip too. The castle is great and the grounds very nice.

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/30 21:08
Between Hiroshima and Himeji, Kurashiki and Okayama are nice. Kurashiki's Bikan area is great to stroll about and Okayama's Korakuen Garden is a great place to visit, particularly since most of your other cities don't have gardens.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/30 22:50
I visited Kyoto, then did Wakayama and Nagoya. I only visited Kanazawa on my second week so by then Kenrokuen was a great experience. I visited the Noto Peninsular, got off at the wrong station, and experienced a hailstorm on my back and an ocean's storm on my front at the terraced fields. All in all great experience.

LP: You mentioned handy for Kamakura and Kanazawa. Care to explain. Spent so many weeks in Kyoto, thinking of some garden loving in Kanazawa. Will do Ibaraki in Autumn and Okayama has been visited.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/31 05:08
Argh, I meant Enoshima is handy to Kamakura, not Kanazawa. Sorry!

But there are some nice gardens at Enoshima too - but more English than Japanese,

Re: Last 2 days in Japan 2015/8/31 10:09
Kanazawa could work as a daytrip if you do it going from Osaka to Kanazawa, and then Kanazawa to Tokyo (i.e., as a stopover from Osaka to Tokyo). You could forward your luggage from Osaka to Tokyo if you don't want to worry about storing it in Kanazawa station. It is still 2.5 hours either way (Osaka-Kanazawa, Kanazawa-Tokyo), but Osaka to Tokyo on its own is a longer trip!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 22

1 2
next

reply to this thread