Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone Free Pass 2015/8/28 21:20
Hi all

I'll be going to Japan in Dec and was wondering if it would be economical for me to buy this pass if my itinerary is as such:

Day 1
Take the first bus from Shinjuku to Lake Kawaguchiko (explore) then to Gotemba Outlet (shop), and finally to Hakone where we will stay 1 night

Day 2
Explore a bit of Hakone then head back to Shinjuku

Should I buy the Hakone Free pass instead? Apart from Lake Kawaguchiko, is there anything else in the Mt Fuji area to explore? Our main goal is to hopefully be able to get a good view of Mt Fuji.

Cheers
by xmas28  

Re: Fuji Hakone Free Pass 2015/8/29 07:52
The Fuji Hakone Free Pass sounds like the perfect fit for your trip. It makes no sense to buy a Hakone Free Pass instead.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Free Pass (travel warning) 2015/9/3 02:00
The government has issued a warning for Hakone region near volcano and the ropeway going up is also closed. People is allowed to visit the onsen region and lake.

You might want to reconsider visiting Hakone as you can only go to the onsens and the lake.

www.hakone.or.jp/en/2278
by blue11sky rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Free Pass 2015/9/5 20:54
oh didn't know about that. Thanks for the update. But is it safe to visit the area?
by xmas28 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Free Pass 2015/9/5 22:06
Just the area around that place is closed off. Basically Japan is a land of dormant (and not so dormant) volcanos and earthquakes. No point getting worked out about it. The severity of these disasters aren't bad enough to affect the average traveler. Unless your luck has been feeling down lately....
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread