Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ferry from KIX to Kobe 2015/8/29 01:46
Hi everyone! I have a flight booked from Narita to KIX, and it doesn't arrive at KIX until 10:15 pm. I'll have gone through international customs at Narita, so fortunately that'll be a time saver. I was wondering how efficient and fast the process is to take the ferry from KIX to Kobe Airport. I've read about it here on japan-guide, just looking for an insider viewpoint. We probably wouldn't get on the ferry til after 10:30 pm. Opinions? Should we just stay in Osaka that night? It seems like the ferry to get to Kobe takes the same amount of time as it does to take the train into Osaka. Thanks!!
by Heidi (guest)  

Re: Ferry from KIX to Kobe 2015/8/29 09:13
ferry: you may catch a ferry departing at 00:00 (the final). arriving at 00:30 at Kobe airport. then what is your next schedule ?

if you go to Kobe-Sannomiya, you take a direct bus.
departing from KIX terminal2 22:35, 23:00, and 23:50(the final). it take about 70 mins.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from KIX to Kobe 2015/9/3 01:44
Thanks, ken! I'll be staying the night at Toyoko Inn Kobe Sannomiya 2. Ideally, I'd like to take the Port Liner from Kobe Airport (using hyperdia) since it looks like the last one leaves the airport at 23:45. (hopefully I wouldn't have to take THAT one tough).
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from KIX to Kobe 2015/9/3 04:01
Uh, have you looked at the ferry timetable? Yes, you would have to take the midnight ferry, because the previous one leaves at 22:00. And there is no Port Liner when that ferry arrives, you would have to take a taxi to Sannomiya.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from KIX to Kobe 2015/9/3 12:53
There are limousine buses from Kansai airport to Kobe Sannomiya

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/kix/t_kob.html
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferry from KIX to Kobe 2015/9/3 14:45
I sound like Ned Flanders over here reading these ... "gosh diddly darn it" ... haha. See, this is why I have to post in here! My brain is a puddle these days. Thank you everyone.

I think we might end up doing the limousine bus at this point. Seems like less hassle, and maybe we can doze off on the bus like the one from Hiroshima Airport to Hiroshima Station a few years ago.
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread