Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 month in japan 2015/8/29 13:23
so this is the plan, I'll be in japan from 27.3 2016 until 22.6.2016
Sendai 4 nights
Shinjuku 9 nights
Nagoya 3 nights
Nagano 3 nights from there I take a train with JR to
Sapporo 6 nights
Aomori 1 night from there I take a train with JR to
Kyoto 6 nights
Matsuyama 4 nights
Hiroshima 7 nights
Hakata 4 nights
Nagasaki 4 nights
Osaka 6 nights
HamamatsuCho 1 night
Okinawa 6 nights
Miyakojima 5 nights
Shinjuku 10 nights
and then back home ;)
do you think that's possible or to hard?
for the record it's my third trip to japan
by Sigal  

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/29 17:49
You're skipping up and down the country in a weird way. Is it on purpose?

A few questions:

What airport are you flying in/out of?

Are you going to certain cities on certain dates for festivals, or another specific reason?

I assume you want to fly to Okinawa (but not Hokkaido?), do you have those flights yet? How about hotel reservations?
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/29 18:18
Yes, I'm skipping the country because of the dates, I'm visiting the takayama festival and I want to be in Tokyo in rely April so Hokkaido I pushed to end of April, I'm already gonna use 4 JR passes for most of my time in Japan so buying more domestic flights is unnecessary and expensive.
I'm flying to narita round trip from my international flights and haneda round trip to Naha for domestic flights, still undecided which airways to use for Okinawa and miyako probably ANA airline, I want to buy it as cheap as possible.
Yes I already have hotel reservations but cancellation is free so I can change plans if I want to ;)
Thanks for the reply
by Sigal rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/29 19:01
Well, without knowing the specific reasons of why you want/need to be in each place at a certain time it is hard to give advice. For example, is there a reason you're heading Osaka-Tokyo-Okinawa? Why not just fly from Osaka to Okinawa instead? There isn't really any need to go back to Tokyo that night... unless, again, it's for a specific reason you haven't mentioned.

It seems like you could still rearrange your itinerary in a way to where you wouldn't need so many passes, but see above.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/31 18:35
well It first I thought about Osaka-Okinawa or Osaka-miyako but I think there were no flights on the end of may or it was to expansive, any way since I have JR it doesn't really bother me to make a trip Osaka-Tokyo

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/31 19:02

I thought about Osaka-Okinawa or Osaka-miyako but I think there were no flights

If you time it correctly, you may score cheap flight to Okinawa from KIX ,Osaka:
https://book.flypeach.com/default.aspx?ao=B2CENUS&ori=KIX&des=OKA&dep=...
by Shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/31 22:05
You should subtract one night in Sapporo and add Hakodate. You can then take an early morning train to Shin-Aomori for your Kyoto segment.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/31 22:24
but I want to return to Tokyo from Okinawa, and I see in peach that it's not possible.
I thought about hakodate but than a friend of mine told me that aomori is a pretty nice stop

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/31 22:47
You are spending too many days in Hiroshima. Are you planning to get out of Hiroshima? Even so, that's too many days even if I include Okayama and matsue/Izumo.

4 nights in Hakata? Even with all of Ken's help, I think 4 nights is too much just for Fukuoka. Are you going somewhere out like Saga or Kumamoto?

Matsuyama 4 nights. Now that's a first.

Have you though of exploring the northern part of Japan. As in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima are all south of the stretch of mountains. North of the stretch would be Kanazawa, Matsue, Tottori....

Total of 19 nights in Shinjuku. Wow.

What would you do for 6 nights in Osaka.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/8/31 23:04
lol, I've been to Hiroshima two times already for merely 4-5 nights, it was never enough time for me, love that city so much.
almost all the cities I'm staying in I'm planning to explore outside,
I have JR pass so 3 hours train ride is in plan for those times.
4 nights in Fukuoka so I can explore place like, kagoshima and Kyushu area.
Matsuyama I picked randomly, never been to Shikoku island, I want to travel to see tokushima,kochi, iya valley.
since I have a friend in tottori I will go there from Hiroshima for one day, it will be exhausting but worth it.
yep I love Tokyo, I've been there for 8 nights and I just couldn't get enough, planning to go out side as well, nikko, mt Fuji, hakone, Disney world....busy busy busy.
Osaka is also vey fun for me, never get tired of namba district. going to universal studios, mt. koya etc etc
but thanks for the advice, I'll defiantly check north part of japan

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/1 01:35
Have you consider Japan Experience Fare?
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_common/promotions/share/experience_j...

As long as foreign passport and holding an international airfare ticket, you can use this, only 10,800 from Osaka-Okinawa and then 10,800 from Okinawa-Tokyo

It good for travel until Mar 26, 2016 at the moment but they usually keep extending it. Probably check back at website near Nov or so and it should be extended till Jun or so.

Hope this helps!!!
Have fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/1 02:56
I always tell people its best to start far out and work your way back. by the time your finish your not rushing to make your way to the airport.

going by your list.. is that how your really going to follow it? you need to make it flow better so your not zigzag all over.
i have to agree with scarreddragon
by XYZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/1 03:07
Well at first I was supposed to start from north Japan in Hokkaido and then go down until Nagasaki but sadly I need to be at those places in those exact dates so zig zag is a Must i'm afraid

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/1 11:13
If i am not wrong, Tottori is better accessed from Kyoto than Hiroshima.

You might want to consider making your base Kumamoto for Kyushu. It saves more time on travelling. It is central if going to Kagoshima, Fukuoka, Aso, and the hot spring cities on the eastern side of Kyushu. Or you could use Beppu and take the sonic express to Fukuoka and Miyazaki, JR Line to Kumamoto. Not possible to day trip to Kagoshima though.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/1 14:04
thanks Joshua, I haven't thought about that, I'll check kumamoto and beppu :)

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/2 02:09
It's fine to stay in Hiroshima if you love the city and just want to be there, but Okayama is a much better base than Hiroshima for exploring the Chugoku Region, aside from Yamaguchi Prefecture . It's also better than Matsuyama for exploring the places you want to visit in Shikoku. There are direct Limited Express Trains from Okayama to Matsuyama, Kochi, Iya Valley and Tokushima. From Matsuyama, there are no direct trains to any of the places you want to visit and it takes a long time to reach them (240+ min to Tokushima, 200+ min to Oboke, and 250+ min to Kochi).

From Okayama Kochi takes only 150+ min, 130+ to Tokushima, and 160+ to Matsuyama. It also allows you to reach Tottori in slightly over two hours.

Matsuyama as a base is really only good for travel within Ehime.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: 3 month in japan 2015/9/2 12:35
thank you so much rabbityama I didn't know there were no direct trains from matusyama to kochi and tokushima
I decided to change the plan to this
3 nights in Matsuyama
3 nights in okayama
5 nights in Hiroshima, thanks for the advice I appreciate it

reply to this thread