Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokan - Best way to make a booking? 2015/8/30 14:04
I am looking at booking a ryokan for a night.

I have looked at websites such as Japanican, but the problem is that it doesn't provide me with much information asides from the name of the room (e.g no info on what kind of dinner is served).

As I am able to read some Japanese, I can navigate through the ryokan's website, which provides a lot more information and packages. However, it asks for a Japanese address and I am overseas.

Does anyone have any experiences with booking directly with the ryokan hotel? Or how did it turn out when booking with Japanican with its limited information?
by Aoio9  

Re: Ryokan - Best way to make a booking? 2015/8/30 15:25

However, it asks for a Japanese address and I am overseas.

I have been in a same situation many times; entering postcode, or phone number of a hotel I was staying in Japan at that time solved the problem. I have never got a reservation rejected. In other occasion, phone call was the only option.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan - Best way to make a booking? 2015/8/30 15:27
Have you tried Rakuten? Both the English and the Japanese version of the site let you book a room with a foreign address. The Japanese site usually has more info listed about plans.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan - Best way to make a booking? 2015/8/30 22:32
In general, I pretty much always book on their site. I will still enter my real address with note that it is 海外. And at comment, warning them that I am foreigner etc, never have any issue so far.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread