Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/8/30 20:37
I am now studying in japan do I allow to bring fruit (specifically grape) out of japan
by HUYNH TON PHUC (guest)  

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/8/31 10:35
it's not really whether you can take it out of Japan more than if you can bring it into your country. Check your import restrictions, but usually fruit is not allowed in most countries.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/8/31 10:55
cushion and seal them well. Don't want them to implode due to do air pressure. I had exploding blueberries. Strawberries don't explode though.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/8/31 14:50
Pretty much what John mentioned, less on whether you can bring out (heck you can even bring fresh meat out) but it is the issue of bring those into your country.

So to your question, Yes you can.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/9/1 01:47
Bring out is usually okay BUT can you bring it back to your country? I have never been able to bring back fresh fruit back into Canada, even when I was coming back from USA.

So do check with your country first, you don't want to be fined lots of money, have a record put on you or worst, go to jail!

Easiest way is to check YES on the custom form that you have fruits and food products and then see what customs will say. Worst case is you lose your item but won't get in trouble.

Hope this Helps!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/9/1 01:50
Koohii2wii, jail is too severe! Most likely it would be confiscated and that's all.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/9/1 01:56
Most likely it would be confiscated and that's all.
Yes of course but just putting into perspective. Its also because I watch the program "Border Security Canada" and the fines and what customs check. Its actually good show but if I never seen it, I would have never known the fines could be $1300.00 for checking "No" on the custom forms if your bring any food products back.

Ever since I watch the show, I always put yes now and then customs can decide if the food is okay or not without being fined for ticking no.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring grape out of japan 2015/9/8 07:33
Countries with major agriculture which is at risk of disease - Aus, US - will not let you.
Singapore, HK, AFAIK will let you take them in.

Check with your destination country, as others have said.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread