Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Re-applying Student Visa After Medical Leave 2015/9/1 22:13
I am currently attending a Japanese language school. I have an illness that has gotten worse in the past year that made me unable to come to my classes, especially since I had to fly back to my country for months at a time to get myself treated.

Finally my family and I decided that it would be best for me to go back to my country for half a year to one year to wait until I got better and then start over by applying for a student visa and continuing school after.

Is it still possible for me, however, to re-apply for a student visa for next year? Especially since this term my attendance has been terrible since I flew back to my country.
by Naya (guest)  

Re: Re-applying Student Visa After Medical Leave 2015/9/2 16:28
did you tell that situation to the school ?
they may temporarily stop your student position, 休学.
check the school document, when in 休学.
sometime, they may refund some money or you may not be necessary to pay more.
if the leaving period is short, you may come back with the same visa (status).
if it is relatively long, you may apply student visa one more time. at that time, you can choose another school, of course.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-applying Student Visa After Medical Leave 2015/9/2 21:02
Thank you for your reply, Ken.
I checked about the school's policy on temporary leave, but it's only available up to one semester leave.
Do you think it will be more difficult for me if I apply for a student visa next time? I'm afraid if the immigration will give me a hard time for taking a leave from school:(
by Naya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-applying Student Visa After Medical Leave 2015/9/2 21:19
the policy to issue a student visa by immigration is that you are accepted as a student by the school. they will satisfy when you attend the class every day, and not work illegally.
generally, Japanese language schools do not belong to official school system for Japanese people.
if you pay the tuition, the school will accept you again. I think no problem. they are teaching Japanese as a business.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-applying Student Visa After Medical Leave 2015/9/2 22:31
I see! Thank you so much for your helpful reply.
I feel better about it now:) hopefully everything will be fine as you say
Thanks again!
by Naya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread