Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ten day Trip suggested itnerary 2015/9/2 15:49
Hi all, My husband and I will be travelling to Japan for the first time this October. I would be grateful if someone could give us a suggested itinerary for ten days to cover. We would be mainly interested in cuture and typically japanese experiences, not so much in shopping.
I was thinking of splitting our time between Tokyo and Kyoto and do day trips from there. Also wanted to visit Hiroshima if possible.
I know this is very open ended, but would love suggestions and ideas as we are open to any alterations at this stage.
by Indrani Ghosh (guest)  

Re: Ten day Trip suggested itnerary 2015/9/2 16:36
JR 7 days pass (Arrange day 3-8 yourself but you must get back to Tokyo within 7 Days):
1. Tokyo [Or nearby]
2. Tokyo [Or nearby]
3. Kyoto [Or Kansai area] - Activate JR pass
4. Kyoto [Or Kansai area]
5. Kyoto [Or Kansai area]
6. Nara?
7. Osaka?
8. Hiroshima?
9. Tokyo - Last Day of JR pass
10. Tokyo
Benefit of JR pass plan : You save most money from this plan as just the round trip between Kansai-Kanto and Hiroshima, the ticket will probably cost almost 50K yen, while the pass cost 29110 Yen.
Drawback is: you will waste 2.5+ hours on train to go back to Tokyo and your plan is a bit more stiff.

Without JR pass (Modify where to start and arrange accordingly, possible to use JR pass too if Hiroshima included,):
1. Tokyo [Or nearby]
2. Tokyo [Or nearby]
3. Tokyo [Or nearby]
4. Kyoto [Or Kansai area]
5. Kyoto [Or Kansai area]
6. Kyoto [Or Kansai area]
7. Nara?
8. Osaka?
9. Hiroshima (Will be expensive without JR pass, round trip will cost about 22000 Yen)
10. Osaka (KIX)
Benefit of this plan: Less time wasted on trains, more flexible plan as there is no rush to get back to your departure city before JR pass last day.
Drawback: While you still save money (one way to Kyoto or Tokyo about 14000 Yen, round trip Hiroshima 22000 Yen, JR 7 days pass 29110 Yen). You are not saving as much as other plan.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread