Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto vs Hakone 2015/9/2 18:55
Hi,

would like to check with you all the experts as i only visited japan once and only in Tokyo.

this coming trip with friends will be visiting the Sakura season next year march but stuck a bit as we are planning our itinerary.

Rough plan are from Osaka to Hakone to Mt Fuji to Tokyo... so am thinking is it wise to visit Kyoto at least a day as i heard that Kyoto sakura is nicer and i really wanting to see the Kyoto castle.

If it is to choose Either Hakone or Kyoto, which will be best to spend time at?

a bit dilemma... T_T
by f3ichaiZ  

Re: Kyoto vs Hakone 2015/9/3 09:59
Kyoto! Without a doubt!
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto vs Hakone 2015/9/3 10:06
Depends what you want to see! Kyoto has more shrines and temples and more of a cultural centre feel, while Hakone is more about the natural surroundings. Both will be busy.

P.S. By "Kyoto castle" do you mean Nijo Castle? Personally I didn't find it very impressive compared to other Japanese castles. There are other sights more worth seeing: Kinkakuji, Ginkakuji, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari...

If you've only got one day in Kyoto, skip Nijo.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto vs Hakone 2015/9/3 11:43
The OP wants to see Sakura, and that equates to Kyoto.

Kyoto!!!!
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread