Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/3 09:52
Hi,

I am planing to travel from Tokyo to Hiroshima by Shinkansen, visit Hiroshima, go to Myiajima, spend the night at a Ryokan, and, next day, go tô Osaka, and cheking in a hotel in Namba.
Do you guys think it is possible? Is it a good idea?
Do you recomend stoping at Himeji?
Is it smart tô use Takyubin? Is it reliable? Safe? Punctual?
by Sergio (guest)  

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/3 15:14
It is possible, as long you are aware of the time required and you move out early to maximize the time you have in Hiroshima.

It is highly recommended to stop at Himeji, also highly recommend to go early to avoid crowds.

Takyubin is very reliable but you should be aware that they will have min. time required to get your stuff to destination, normally for liability they will put it 2 days, though normally they might arrive a lot earlier.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/3 23:23
Thank you very much!

And do you recomend spend one night at Himeji?
by Sergio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/4 09:34
And would you recomend any itinerary?

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/4 10:07
Not sure if it is worth spending a night in Himeji and will not make much difference if you are using JR pass as Shinkansen are readily available. Though, it seems Himeji does not have as much tourist attractions.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/4 10:22
Remember that Tokyo and Hiroshima are roughly 4 hours apart (and that's on the Nozomi shinkansen), so you'll want to leave Tokyo early to give yourself the maximum time in Hiroshima. Personally, I would travel straight to Miyajima and stay in the ryokan overnight, see Miyajima in the morning and then spend the afternoon in Hiroshima.

If you purchase a JR Pass, you cannot use it on the Nozomi shinkansen so your trip would take even longer.

Stopping to see Himeji on the way will delay your arrival.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/4 10:55
If I leave Tokyo at about 7 a.m, I would be at Hiroshima at Lunch time, correct?
Is it better tô have lunch and spend the afternoon in Myiajima, or at Hiroshima?
Which transportation is better from Hiroshima to Myiajima?
How many hours Should I allow tô each one?

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/4 11:08
Well, it truly depends on the individual. Your pace of travel is really important. That is all that matters. Transportation is readily available. JR Pass or not, you can do Hiroshima and Miyajima in a night and day, if you have the speed.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Myiajima from Tokyo to Osaka 2015/9/4 11:12
From personal experience, I would spend a night in Miyajima.

Per the transportation from Hiroshima to Miyajima, the ferry is the only option:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3454.html

Hope this helps :)

by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread