Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Discounted trip Kansai Airport - Kanazawa? 2015/9/4 06:21
Hi,
I will be in Japan for about 2,5 weeks using a JR Pass 2 weeks to travel around long ways. As I want the pass to be open for the later part of the trip (many shinkansen uses), and my trip starts with going from Kansai Airport directly to Ishikawa prefecture I would be on with a 9000 yen trip at start...

Is there any discounts or something to find?

Been looking through the Rail Pass section but cant find any pass that covers it all the way from Kansai up to Ishikawa, except for the JR Pass itself...
by Swhen (guest)  

Re: Discounted trip Kansai Airport - Kanazawa? 2015/9/4 11:09
With Kansai Area Pass 1 day

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/kansai/

you can go as far as Tsuruga. This is 2200 yen and you can take non-reserved seat of Haruka to Kyoto for free. Then take Thunderbird express (from Kyoto to Kanazawa). Though your Kansai Area pass covers fare to Tsuruga, but the limited express fee is not covered. So you must pay additionally the express fee from Kyoto to Kanazawa (2900 yen) and the train fare from Tsuruga to Kanazawa. This is the fastest way and not so expensive as compared to taking connecting bus rides.

Total: 2200 yen (Kansai Area pass 1 day) + 2900 yen (Limited express fare for reserved seat from Kyoto to Kanazawa) + 2270 yen (train fare from Tsuruga to Kanazawa) = 7370 yen.

You must go to Kyoto (not Shin-Osaka) by Haruka and then transfer to Thunderbird.

You can buy all these tickets at JR Kansai Airport's ticket booth.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Discounted trip Kansai Airport - Kanazawa? 2015/9/4 13:34

Will you be visiting other places in the region a part from Kanazawa, before activating your JR Pass?

You may want to check out Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread