Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/4 07:05
Hi,

I have two days, I will depart from Tokyo day 1, sleep at Miyajima and Check in Osaka hotel day 2.
Could you guys suggest any itinerary?

by Sergio (guest)  

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/4 17:13
What time do you depart Tokyo?
What is your mode of transportation?
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/4 22:06
Hi,

I intend to depart early morning, by Shinkansen.
by Sergio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/4 23:00
Are you using JR Pass or not? JR Pass is cheaper but not the fastest.

You would probably reach about noon. Depending how early in the morning you are departing. If you are buying onirigi from 7-11 and eating it on the train you can take the train that comes as the sunrises. Quite a pretty Mt Fuji view.

After reaching, eat Okonomiyaki. Then view Hiroshima Castle and Atomic bomb museum + peace park. The time should be about 4:30 to 5pm. Go to Miyajima. Walk along the shopping arcade. See the island at night, especially the shrine. Check in, dinner at your ryokan.

Next day visit shrine again. So you can have day/night and hight tide/low tide view of the shrine. Take the cable car up and down the Mountain. Be sure to climb the top of the mountain to have a nice panoramic view.

Leave miyajima for Osaka.

Best to use tram or bicycle for Hiroshima. Best to walk and use cablecar for Miyajima.

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/5 03:24
Taking the shinkansen from Tokyo, you would reach Osaka first with Hiroshima/Miyajima being a few hours after that. I don't really understand your itinerary.
by KGhaleon rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/5 03:42
Sergio,

You already created a post regarding this topic and there are answers to your question there.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+129670
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/5 13:35
@Ohara: That post is how to get into Hiroshima and into Osaka. This one is what to do in Hiroshima and Osaka.

If the OP reaches Shin-Yokohama before 6am he can take the direct Sakura Shinkansen to Hiroshima and arrive before 10 am. Considering no one wakes up that early, excuse the few, he can take later trains that leads him to Hiroshima by noon. Or slightly after.

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/5 14:11
@Ohara:" That post is how to get into Hiroshima and into Osaka. This one is what to do in Hiroshima and Osaka".

@Joshua
"I have two days, I will depart from Tokyo day 1, sleep at Miyajima and Check in Osaka hotel day 2.
Could you guys suggest any itinerary?"

Is it...

by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/6 10:23
Ohara, originally, I intended to discuss in the First tópic if it was a good idea to this (Tokyo - Hiroshima - Myiajima - Osaka), and in the second, considering it is a good idea, which itinerary Should I follow.
Actually, I received many great informations in both topics; Thank you very much.

Another question: do you recomend taking the sunrise night train tô Himeji, visiting the castle at morning, following tô hiroshima about noon, and then proceed with itinerary?

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/6 11:41
KGhaleon, this itinerary is because my flights arrive and depart from tokyo.
So i can do Tokyo - Hiroshima - Osaka - Tokyo, or Tokyo -Osaka - Hiroshima - Tokyo.

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/6 13:15
Either way would be fine. If you're short on time, maybe consider doing Hiroshima/Miyajima as a daytrip from Hiroshima - it would save you taking your luggage there, spending time checking in/out of accommodation, and you might save money too (accommodation on Miyajima is normally more expensive).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima and Miyajima - itinerary 2015/9/6 13:39
As long as you don't need to be back in Osaka at any particular time, it seems okay. You shouldn't try to rush through the Peace Museum and you also want time to actually enjoy Miyajima rather than just sleeping, so doing Himeji Castle early and Peace Museum on the first day and explore Miyajima the second day is good.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread