Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyasan pass query 2015/9/7 09:17
Hi, I will be travelling to Koyasan in mid October. I am coming directly from Kiitanabe so will approach Koyasan from the Wakayama direction via Hashimoto when arriving, and on departing will return directly to Osaka. I had planned on getting the Koyasan World Heritage Ticket, as much for convenience as anything, but:
- can i buy one at Hashimoto or will i need to get it in Osaka before i head to Kiitanabe?
- if i buy one can i join the route at Hashimoto or does it need to be activated in Osaka?
- if i don't buy a pass, is it easy enough to be buying individual tickets for each leg? I'm conscious connections can be quite tight sometimes.

I will have a Kansai Area Wide Pass, but that will expire on the day i arrive at Koyasan and i gather it will only be valid as far as Hashimoto.

Thank you
by Colin2 (guest)  

Re: Koyasan pass query 2015/9/7 21:05
I believe it can only be bought at major Nankai stations in Osaka, so that answers your first two questions. It's a return ticket between either Namba or Shin-Imamiya and Koyasan.

I don't know about the return tickets; take a look at the Koyasan page on this website.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan pass query 2015/9/7 23:33
You can use the pass starting and ending anywhere along the line. You can only buy them at Osaka as far as i know. Got mine at Shin-Imamiya.

You can buy individual tickets. Note that the bus/Cable car/train times are set to be in line. So once one reaches, the next will soon set off. If you are too busy using time to get individual tickets then you might have to wait for the next arrival.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread