Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

nara early morning 2015/9/7 22:41
Is it a good idea to visit Nara early morning.
If I arrive there about 7:30am and leave about 11:30, will I be able tô visit the main spots?
by Sergio (guest)  

Re: nara early morning 2015/9/8 21:40
you can go Nara Park (no closing) to play with deer. Kasuga-taisha is open from 6:00 AM. Houryu-ji from 8:00. Koufuku-ji from 9:00. Toudai-ji from 9:30.
in general, early morning is the best time to go to famous sightseeing places. you can enjoy the calm atmosphere before the crowd.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: nara early morning 2015/9/11 21:23
You don't mention which month and which station you arrive at in Nara city. There are two train stations, JR Nara and Kintetsu Nara.
Assuming you arive at JR Nara Station at 7:30, it takes about 20 minutes to Kofukuji temple on foot. It's true that the musiums like Tokondo and Kokuhoukan open at 9:00, however you can stroll around the precinct of Kofukuji temple anytime. Also you can walk to the compound of Todaiji temple thru Nara Park in another 15 minutes . Great Buddha Hall opens at 7:30 till October, 8:00 from November. So, you don't have to wait to see The Great Buddha located in Great Buddha Hall. After visiting Todaiji temple, you may walk to Kasuga taisya shrine in 20 minutes. Then you can go back to JR Nara station untill 11:30.
Have a nice day!

Hiro
by Hiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: nara early morning 2015/9/11 22:43
Thank you very much!
by Sergio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: nara early morning 2015/9/12 03:59
I would also suggest the Bamboo groves at Arashiyama in west Kyoto for an early morning visit. There are not many people around, and it is more serene.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: nara early morning 2015/9/12 04:33
Hi, I have already been there Last year.
The temple and the bamboo graves are really amazing!!!
Thank you very much!!

Re: nara early morning 2015/9/12 05:04
*bamboo groves, sorry.

reply to this thread