Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/15 09:08
Good day!

I was hoping to visit the Subaru 5th Station around November 24 or 25 this year. I do not plan on climbing Mt. Fuji at all. I just wanted to get to the 5th station for the view.

I understand that the road can be open or closed on those dates - but assuming it is open, is it a good idea to go there on the said dates? I just wanted to see the sights, take pictures, and buy souvenirs. Hehehe.

Thank you!
by Vincent (guest)  

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/15 20:23
It twill be very cold and snow fall can be expected. You need to bring snow chain in case of snow.
Subaru line is opened between 9:00 - 17:00 unless it's heavy snow or rain. You must keep the openig hour carefully, the otherwise you are unable to asend or descend(descending route opens until 18:00 at latest).
I don't think shops are opened during Dec. No people there.
If it's a fine day, you can go up to 6th sta. It takes about 45 mins walking one way and footpath is well oraganized. But this is only fine and warm day in Dec.
The weather on Mt Fuji is varied station to station. When 3rd sta is fine, 5th sta is rain, it happens all the way. You must be careful the weather all time.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/15 20:54
Can I ask for information if the reach the peak of Fuji in mid-November is possible ?
by Michal Szewczyk (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/15 21:06
There are no guards if that's your question, no. You climb at your own risk and there will be no emergency services available if you fall and injure yourself. And the thought of climbing off-season is pretty stupid and I'm sure that if you do get into a situation where emergency service are called to rescue you, you will be billed for everything needed to get you out of there.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/15 21:53
If there's no intention to climb even to the 6th station, just around the 5th station, are there things to see at all by late November?

The shops not being open are a bummer but if I can get great views, assuming weather conditions are ideal, I would still try and get there. I don't expect to stay long since I won't be climbing upwards anyway.
by Vincent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/15 23:26
If you want to see great view there on mountain, I would recommend you to go up to 6th sta by walking. From 5th sta to 6th sta is not very difficult while the weather condition is fine. Climbing 6th to upward is getting difficult, so that I don't recommend you to go further.

Limited shops include cafes are opened until mid Dec while Subaru line is opened.

Off season climbing is extremely difficult. Death on Mt Fuji mainly occures during off season, both Shizuoka and Yamanashi warns not to climb Mt Fuji off season.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/16 11:25
Can I ask for information if the reach the peak of Fuji in mid-November is possible ?

There is a common opinion among everyday people that it is impossible, or at least incredibly foolhardy to climb the mountain in winter due to lack of facilities and emergency services. But that's probably because the average person is not very familiar with the sport of mountaineering.

Now while inexperienced and casual hikers should NOT attempt to climb the mountain outside the regular climbing season, those that are experienced mountaineers, practiced in winter mountain climbing, already know these risks and would probably not find the climb to be particularly difficult.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Subaru 5th Station on November 2015 2015/9/16 16:16
From middle of October, leaves and trees become turning yellow and red around 5th station.
It means that it's nice to see the views but so many people comes to see that too.
It will be hell of traffic jam to get there.
So, take your time and have warm clothes.
by osamu04 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread