Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/25 13:43
Hi everyone

I was doing some research on hyperd I and it appear to be no trains from kii-katsurra to kansai airport. I was wondering if the kuroshio train runs back from katsurra towards the airport. If not, what options do I have

Thanks
by goat4u  

Re: Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/26 12:20
A transfer of trains is required at Hineno Station (from Hineno it is just a short ride to the airport). About half the limited express trains from Kii-Katsuura stop at Hineno, but the other half does not. If you travel on a train that does not, you have two main options:

1) go all the way to Tennoji and backtrack from there with an airport rapid to the airport (more expensive if you do not use a rail pass; and the airport rapid may already be crowded at Tennoji)

2) transfer to a local train at Wakayama and transfer once more at Hineno. This is cheaper, and the trains are less likely to be crowded (except maybe on the short Hineno-Airport section).

Hyperdia lets you easily look up the connections and fares:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/27 02:40
Thanks Uji. I tried searching from Kii-Katsuura to Kansai airport for October 23, 2015 and it resulted in "no routes found". I just want to make sure they haven't suspended service during low season. It appear on Hyperdia, their are no route found after September.
by goat4u rate this post as useful

Re: Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/27 02:49
a little bit of more info. I did a search from Kii-Katsuura to Rinkutown (stop before the airport) and it result in a route that required 4 transfer using the JR Kinokuni line.

Re: Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/27 03:51
I tried searching from Kii-Katsuura to Kansai airport for October 23, 2015 and it resulted in "no routes found".

Yes, I tried the same search and confirmed that Hyperdia returned "no routes found". I believe this is the error of Hyperdia since other two websites returned the same routes.

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/
http://www.jr-odekake.net

Try the former one. For example, it shows the following route.

Kii-katuura 7:00 (Kuroshio 10 Limited Express) 10:08 Hineno 10:33 (Kansai Kuko Line) 10:43 Kansai-Airport

Hope this helps.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/27 04:33
I tried searching from Kii-Katsuura to Kansai airport for October 23, 2015 and it resulted in "no routes found".
I did a search from Kii-Katsuura to Rinkutown (stop before the airport) and it result in a route that required 4 transfer using the JR Kinokuni line.

HyperDia tends to be late in reflecting timetables, sometimes too late.

The following disclaimers are found now around the bottom of each HyperDia page of searching results.
: "The train and flight schedules are available from July 1, 2015 to September 30, 2015."
: "*When specifying the date out of the available period, timetables we deem regular trains and flights are shown as search results."

Even now when October 2015 is approaching in less than three days, HyperDia is using incomplete time data regarding some JR Limited Express trains to run in that month.

There is no route-finder tool which is always perfect for the purpose of every user.
Please wait until HyperDia will reflect the newest timetables and/or try using another tool such as Jorudan Norikae-Annai.
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Minor correction 2015/9/27 04:35
NOT: in less than three days
BUT: in a few days

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Kii katsurra to kansai airport 2015/9/27 10:09
Thanks everyone for the confirmation. I will check back inf a few days!!!

reply to this thread