Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo neighborhoods in one day? 2015/9/26 10:21
A friend recommended the following visiting Daikanyama, Nakameguro, Gakugeidaigaku, Jiyuugaoka to me based on my interests in zakka fashion and arts. I researched a bit and noticed they were on the same train line. Would it be possible to do them in one day?

I'm planning to spend the night in Claska so I can stay quite late in the area (the rest of my 7 day stay in Tokyo I'll be in Tokyu Stay Ikebukuro).
by neuromantically  

Re: Tokyo neighborhoods in one day? 2015/9/26 14:13
Hello.

Daikanyama,Gakugeidaimae,Nakameguro etc. are not so large town.
Each town is easy to access because they are on the same line.
You can move from one town to another for 5 or 10 minutes.
I think you can enjoy all these town for one day.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo neighborhoods in one day? 2015/9/26 14:19
In terms of locations, yes. But I don't know how long a time you might spend in each shop :)

Note that some (or a lot of) shops there open only around 11 am (instead of 9 or 10) and close around 6 -7 pm, so that might limit your time there too.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo neighborhoods in one day? 2015/9/26 15:19
Thank you, those are good points. I was thinking I'd start early at the Daikanyama T-Site or have breakfast at Ivy Place, both should be open by 8am and I'll start from there. :D
by neuromantically rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo neighborhoods in one day? 2015/9/26 15:47
The Tokyu railway company also offers what they call a "Tokyu One-Day Ticket" (same in Japanese language). It's 660 yen per adult and you can get on and off the Toyoko Line (as well as several other Tokyu lines) as much as you want on the day you purchase the ticket. Ask for details at your first Tokyu station. Note that it's pretty much walking distance from one station to another, though.
http://www.tokyu.co.jp/railway/ticket/types/value_ticket/onedayopen_ti...

You seem to be doing your homework well, which is great because many of the zakka shops are located only on one side of each station. Be sure you go toward the right direction.

Also note that Ivy used to be fully booked all the time. Check in advance, or be prepared to look for an althernative at the spot (there are many in Daikanyama).

By the way, I'm sure you're aware that Meguro-Dori itself, where you're staying, is so-called the "furniture avenue." And if you're staying at Claska, don't miss the Kisei-chu-kan. The museum had always been popular among the youth and people who love subculture. I was surprised at how many foreign visitors there were when I visited the place a few month ago to see an art flea market held in a building around the corner.
http://www.kiseichu.org/Pages/english.aspx
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo neighborhoods in one day? 2015/9/26 16:12
Thank you Uco, those are some really great tips!! Yes, I was interested in checking out the furniture in the area and Claska was recommended to me by my friend. :) I'll be sure to pay a visit to the Meguro Parasitological Museum!
by neuromantically rate this post as useful

reply to this thread