Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 hours before boarding flight at Narita 2015/9/26 17:02
Hi friends,
There is 3 hours time before boarding flight at Tokyo. I will coming from Kyoto to Tokyo By Bullet Train with Jr pass.
My flight is at 21.20 pm from Narita airport 0n 23rd Oct 2015
and i have limited one small trolley as luggage
Is there any place to see before boarding the flight as there is 3 hours before boarding flight.

Also pl inform if there is any LUGGAGE ROOM or coin operated luggage room in Osaka JR STATION

can any one suggest pl
by Spartans  

Re: 3 hours before boarding flight at Narita 2015/9/26 20:35
Hi Spartans,
First off, when do you plan on leaving Kyoto for Tokyo?

If your flight leaves by 21.20 I would suggest to leave Tokyo around 17.30-18.00. The Keisei Skyliner takes about 40 minutes from Keisei Ueno station to Narita Airport. Do mind that you are in the edge of Tokyo rush hour so allow some time to get to Ueno, also if you are carrying luggage.

Anyway. Shinaksen to Tokyo takes about 2,5 hours so if leaving early (for instance 9, would bring you to Tokyo before noon), you could have several hours to explore.

What are you interested in by the way? If you like towers I would suggest Tokyo Tower or Mori Tower in Roppongi as I believe the queues are not as long as to Sky Tree (Sky Tree however is a bit closer to Ueno station, just take the Ginza Subway to Ueno station from Asakusa).

There are plenty of parks around Tokyo as well. In Ueno you got Ueno Park and two big museums if in a rainy day.

If you like manga, electronics or fashion then Akihabara or Harajuku is a good place to go. Near Harajuku is Meiji Jingu shrine as well.

There is Odaiba man made island accessable by Yurikamome line from Shinbashi station. Got plenty of parks, water view, restaurangs, arcade gaming, etc.

If you want to stay near Narita there is Narita Temple and some hiking grounds nearby, a few minutes by train from Narita airport.

Or if you just like trains, you can hitch a ride with the Yamanote loop line around Tokyo. Takes one hour to complete.

I dont know about luggage store in Osaka station but since it is a big station (and was refurbished just a few years ago) it ought to be some kind of storage. In Hiroshima station I found some big sized lockers so Osaka ought to have more.

In case you want to free yourself of luggage by the way you can send it as Takuhaibin to Narita airport, but beware that it must be sent at least two days before departure for safety reasons.

Hope you get any inspiration from that. Have a nice trip!
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours before boarding flight at Narita 2015/9/26 22:30
@Spartans

You can use the JR pass for the NEX, and spend the last few hours at the airport, there are plenty to see and buy within the airport.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours before boarding flight at Narita 2015/9/26 23:12
Just be aware that Tokyo station to Narita Airport on the Narita Express (N'EX) train takes about 1 hour.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours before boarding flight at Narita 2015/9/27 18:38
Hi friends ,
I never thought you will flood me with so much of information. Thank you so much & so much
by Spartans rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours before boarding flight at Narita 2015/9/27 19:27
Excuse me if I'm missing anything, but check-in for international flights at Narita starts 2.5 hrs before departure and closes 1 hr before departure. I think you are usually advised to show up at Narita airport 3-2.5 hrs before departure time.

As suggested, there are plenty to see at Narita airport. Your flight time sounds just right for you to have a supper at one of the many restaurants/cafes there, shop souveniors and change into something comfortable. Your flight ticket also might allow you to use the airline's lounge.

Hope you have fun in your last hours in Japan!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread