Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica. When to get it? 2015/9/28 22:43
I keep on checking for operation time to get the Suica Card but I'm not sure whether I am getting the correct information.

I am arriving in Haneda Airport on 16th Nov night and will be leaving for Yokohama the next morning. I want to get a Suica Card before then but I am not sure of the procedures or timing of it.

Is it possible to get the Suica at around 5-6am? Because I was planning to leave Haneda around that time. If no, then I will just walk up and down the airport until the 7.45 when it is supposed to open? Or is it the office that opens at 7.45am?
by vaf99  

Re: Suica. When to get it? 2015/9/29 08:30
Suica cards are purchased at ticket machines. Ticket machines are open whenever trains are running. From very early morning to late into the night. At Haneda Airport, you have the choice between a specially branded "Monorail Suica" (it functions just like a regular Suica) at the Monorail Station or Pasmo (virtually identical to Suica) at the Keikyu Railway Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Suica. When to get it? 2015/9/29 16:21
@UJi

The subway I am trying to catch leaves at 5:48. Does that mean I can get the Suica ticket by then too?

What do you mean by specially branded Suica? And at the Keikyu Railway Station, it only sells Pasmo?
by vaf99 rate this post as useful

Re: Suica. When to get it? 2015/9/29 17:06
The re-charge machines also dispense SUICA cards and probably not linked to the local ticket office. Follow the instructions on screen (in English) and it will give you a card. They basically look like ordinary ticket machines, but have slightly different signage. (You can also get PASMO cards delivered to you before you travel - there is at least one company doing this that I know of.)

Uji was saying there are some special branded cards, but if you don't like the look of the plastic, I've seen some great anime/manga stickers to personalise your card.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Suica. When to get it? 2015/9/30 11:39
The subway I am trying to catch leaves at 5:48. Does that mean I can get the Suica ticket by then too?

yes

What do you mean by specially branded Suica?

It's a special edition card with a different graphic printed on it than a regular suica. Functionally it is exactly the same.

And at the Keikyu Railway Station, it only sells Pasmo?

Pasmo is another IC travel card brand sold by the private railways in Tokyo (among others), but it is virtually interchangeable to suica. Which you purchase (suica or pasmo) is more of a function of which station you visit first on your journeys.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread