Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage on night train... 2015/10/3 08:17
Hi,
I reserved a ticket for a Solo berth in Sunrise Express train on my way to Tokyo but forgot the fact that maybe my luggage wont fit in the train...

I carry a small bag and a mediumsized rollercart. I guess I would need a twin for that... So I suppose taqbin is the only way.

Because the typhoon season is still in the roll my planning is a bit undecided where I will go after Tokyo (south or north) so I do not dare send my luggage further than Tokyo in case I need to take the other way.

Also. I will not stay in Tokyo hotel that night. Is it possible to send it to a pick up center in Tokyo? Or have it redirected in case I change direction from Tokyo?

How long would it take for it to be sent to Tokyo from Izumo or Matsue?
by Shimane (guest)  

Re: Luggage on night train... 2015/10/3 11:46
Give it two days. You can pick it up from anywhere including the airport.

You can hug your luggage or rest your head on it to sleep on the train.
by Joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage on night train... 2015/10/3 17:11
Where do you mean by everywhere? Convenience stores?
by Shimane (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage on night train... 2015/10/3 17:31
You can send to a takkubin center, not to a convenience store. Delivery to Tokyo from Izumo/Matsue is the next day.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage on night train... 2015/10/3 22:03
Alrighty. Thank you Firas.

You wouldn't know when the latest pick up time is if I want it next day?
by Shimane (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage on night train... 2015/10/3 22:06
It depends on the sending place. At takkyubin centers it's generally 18:00 or 19:00. From a convenience store, it may be earlier.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread