Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/3 16:14
I acquired an antique Japanese electronic device. I have two pages of information about it in a jpeg image file. I would like to get it translated so I know what the device is. It does not need to be a professional translation. Can anyone help? Thanks.
by James McPherson (guest)  

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/3 16:40
If you could post the image on a free photo-sharing website like Flckr, and copy and paste the URL of that page here, forum members can have a look :)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/3 22:26
Here is the link to flicker that has photo's of the device and the paperwork that was with it. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134920282@N02/shares/ZTw57z
by James McPherson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/3 22:59
Oh my, this must be a practice unit for code transmitter... seriously old, with the writing all in old kanji and in old-fashioned writing...

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/4 14:39
I was told it was from the 1920's but I am not sure if that is right. It would be great if someone could tell who the manafacturer was and what the device was called. Of course any translation of the attached papers would be greatly
appreciated. I lived in Japan for seven years. I collect antique radio equipment so this item has a special meaning to me.

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/4 15:03
It says:

ŽR’†“d‹@Š”Ž‰οŽΠ@[Yamanaka Denki (electric machine) K. K. (Co., Ltd.)]
“Œ‹žŽs‘εX‹ζ‘εX2|198 [2-198 Ohmori, Ohmori-ku, Tokyo City]
‹γ‹γŽ“dM•„—ϋK‹@ [99 model telegraphic key/code practice unit]

http://minouta17.web.fc2.com/asia-cnter-denpasen-maker.html
According to this website, they don't list the current name for the manufacturer, so it may be that the company no longer exists.

http://www.digitalworldjapan.com/enc/rig/collect.htm
This is a page about collectors of telegraphic keys around the world, and toward the bottom one Japanese man by the name of Seisaku Nishida is mentioned, along with a photo of probably the same machine.

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/4 16:55
Since I was translated in translation software, I do not know what could be successfully translated.
The translation is wrong, please correct.

‹γ‹γŽ“dM•„—ϋK‹@Žζˆ΅‚’•ϋ–@

1.“dŒΉΨ’fŠν‚ͺu’fv‚ΜˆΚ’u‚Ι‚ ‚ι‚©‚Η‚€‚©‚πŠm‚©‚ί‚ιB
2.^‹σŠΗ‚πŠ’θ‚ΜˆΚ’u‚Ι‘}“ό‚·‚ιB
3.‹Ÿ‹‹‚·‚ι“dŒΉ‚Ι‰ž‚ΆA“dŒΉ’[Žq‚ΙŒλ‚θ‚ͺ‚Θ‚’‚ζ‚€“d‹C‚Μ•R‚̐ڑ±‚π‚·‚ιB
‚±‚̏ꍇA‹Ÿ‹‹“dŒΉ‚ͺŒπ—¬100‚u‚ά‚½‚Ν’Ό—¬100A‚ ‚ι‚’‚Ν220‚u‚Ε‚ ‚ι‚©‚ɏ[•ͺ‚Θ’ˆΣ‚π•₯‚’A’Ό—¬‚̏ꍇ‚͋ɐ«‚πŒλ‚η‚Κ‚ζ‚€A‚»‚κ‚Ό‚κŠ’θ‚Μ’[Žq‚Ι“d•R‚πΪ‘±‚·‚ιB
4.Žσ’Šν‚πŠ’θ‚ΜˆΚ’uiŽσ’Šν’[Žqj‚ɐڑ±‚·‚ιB
Žσ’Šν’[Žq‚͐³–Κ‹y‚Ρ— –Κ‚ΙŠe‚P‘g‚Έ‚Β‚ ‚ιB
5.“dŒ‚Ν“dŒΪ‘±’[Žq‚ɐڑ±‚·‚ιBi³–Κ‚Ι‚ ‚ιj
6.‹Ÿ‹‹“dŒΉ‚Ι‰ž‚Ά“dŒΉΨ’fŠν‚𑀍삷‚ιB
i—αj‹Ÿ‹‹“dŒΉ‚ͺŒπ—¬‚̏ꍇ‚Ι‚Ν“dŒΉΪ’fŠν‚ΜŽζ‚ΑŽθ‚πŒπ—¬‘€‚Ι“|‚΅A’Ό—¬‚̏ꍇ‚ɂ́i100‚u‹y‚Ρ220‚u‚π‚ΰŠά‚ށj“dŒΉΪ’fŠν‚ΜŽζ‚ΑŽθ‚π’Ό—¬‘€‚Ι“|‚·B
“dŒΉΪ’fŠν‘€μŒγ‚¨‚¨‚ή‚Λ20•b‚Ι‚΅‚Δ–{‹@‚Ν“μσ‘Τ‚Ζ‚Θ‚ιB
7.“dŒ‚𑀍삷‚ι‚±‚Ζ‚Ι‚ζ‚θ–Ϊ“I‚Μ•„†‚π—ϋK‚·‚ι‚±‚Ζ‚ͺ‚Ε‚«‚ιB
8.‰Ή—Κ‚Ν‰Ή—Κ’²Šν‚Ι‚ζ‚θ“K“–‚Ι’²‚·‚ιB
–{‹@‚ΝŽσ’Šν‚P‚OŒΒ‚π•ΐ—ρ‚ɐڑ±‚΅‚½κ‡Ε‘ε–ρu2‚uv‚̏o—Ν‚ͺ‚Ε‚«‚ιB
9.‰Ή’²‚ΝŽό”g”“]Š·Šν‚Ι‚ζ‚θu‚W‚O‚OƒTƒCƒNƒ‹vu‚P‚O‚O‚OƒTƒCƒNƒ‹v‹y‚сu‚P‚Q‚O‚OƒTƒCƒNƒ‹v‚Μ”CˆΣ‚ΜŽό”g”‚ΙΨ‚θŠ·‚¦‚ΔŽg—p‚·‚ιB
10.Žg—p‚΅‚Θ‚’κ‡A“dŒΉΪ’fŠν‚Ν•K‚Έu’fv‚ΜˆΚ’u‚Ι–ί‚΅‚Δ’u‚­B

Ninety-nine formula telegraph marks training aircraft handling

1. it is sure whether the power cutter is in the position of "OFFi’fj".
2. it wants to insert the tube in place.
3. Depending on the supply power, the connection of the electrical cord so that there is no error in the power supply terminal.
In this case, to pay sufficient attention to whether the power supply is an AC 100V or DC 100 or 220V,, the case of direct current so as not to err polarity, respectively to connect the Denhimo to a given terminal.
4. it will be connected to a predetermined position a listening device (listening device terminal).
Listening device terminal is one by one set each on the front and back.
5. telegraph key connected to the telegraph key connection terminal. (In the front)
6. to operate the power cutter depending on the power supply.
(Example) down to the AC side of the handle of the power supply disconnection device in case the power supply is AC, in the case of direct current (including the 100V and 220V) to defeat the handle of the power connecting and disconnecting device on the DC side.
Power disconnection device operation after approximately this machine in the 20 seconds in an operating state.
7. It is possible to practice sign of interest by operating the telegraph key.
8. volume appropriately adjusted by the volume regulator.
This machine can output up to about "2V" If you connect a listening device 10 in parallel.
9. tone is used by switching to any of the frequency of "800 cycle" "1000 cycle" and "1200 cycle" by the frequency conversion device.
10. If you do not use, and put them back the power supply disconnection device is always in the position of "OFF(’fj".
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/4 17:02
You guys are awesome!!! I can not thank you enough! Now I have a good start to finding a lot more information about this device. I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you so much!

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 02:48
One last question. I believe on the front of the box it has a plate that has the date that this was manufactured. Can anyone tell me what that date is? Thanks.

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 08:31
With the reflection I cannot tell. The year and the month (as well as the serial number on the line above) are printed or embossed on the silver-color parts.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 10:51
I can not read the numbers in the picture.
Since the products have been exhibited in the Internet auction was a 1943(Shouwa juhachi nen,Ί˜a18”Nj made, perhaps I suspect whether 1941-1945(Ί˜a16”N,shouwa juroku nen-Ί˜a20”N,shouwa niju nenj.
During the Second World War.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 14:07
Since the era shown is Showa Ί˜a and the address is still Tokyo-shi “Œ‹žŽs instead of Tokyo-to, the date is at least definitely between 1926-1943.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 17:10
I added a new close up photo of the label. Maybe you can see the date now clearly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134920282@N02/shares/84Z7y0

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 17:22
Serial number [1013]
Showa [17] year (1942), [3] month (March)

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/5 17:28
Thank you so much! That is exactly the information I needed. You all have been a huge help. I really appreciate it.

Re: Antique japanese Electronic device 2015/10/6 00:40
"99 formula (model)" means that the device had been certified by Japan military in 2599 Japan Imperial Year (1939 A.D.).
Yamanaka Electric, founded in 1922, was one of the biggest radio manufacturer in Japan. During WW2, they produced many kind of radio devices for Army. After WW2, they sold their TV/radio businesses to TOSHIBA, and turned into a high-tech electronics device company. Present name of the company is YAMAICHI ELECTRONICS Co, Ltd.
Source(Japanese): http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q14106831734
by Miya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread