Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyajima after dark 2015/10/4 06:55
Hey guys!

What could I do at Miyajima by night?
Thank you!
by Sergio (guest)  

Re: Miyajima after dark 2015/10/4 09:04
The shrine and torii are lit up until 11pm. You can see it on strolls along the sea or from sightseeing cruises.

Dining options outside of the hotels are highly limited, especially after 6pm.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima after dark 2015/10/4 09:09
I hear most places/restaurants close down by night.

You can also catch whatever tide you didn't see in the afternoon for the Torii (the low or the high)
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima after dark 2015/10/4 10:16
I love Miyajima in the evening! It is really quite beautiful to walk around the town and Itsukushima Shrine is quite stunning in the evening when it is lit up.

Although I ate dinner in the ryokan I was staying in, there are actually quite a few places open in the evening, mostly bars and cafes.

This link provides you with more specific info on the restaurants that are open: http://visit-miyajima-japan.com/en/activities/sortir-le-soir.html

by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima after dark 2015/10/4 10:58
The main shopping arcade that leads from the ferry drop out point to Itsukushima shrine would be close by sunset. The cable car up and down Misen stops about 7pm. It is mostly just nice strolls or soaking up in an onsen. Basically it becomes like an onsen town at night.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread