Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Resigned and then will look for another job 2015/10/4 08:40
hi Guys,

I just need a little help about my current status in japan, and i am so worried about it.

i got a Trainee Visa which allows me to work in japan for 1 year (renewable every year) but unfortunately, my work here in japan is very hard. (factory worker) the pay is not good and sometimes we are ask to undergo overtime without pay which i don't think it's fair for me. I need at least enough salary as a source of income to support my family and kids. i got a College degree and i'm quite positive that i can apply to other companies.

My question is. Can i apply another job even my type of VISA is a TRAINEE VISA? but i can guarantee you that i wont exceed 1 year as far as my VISA is concern.

I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

by goodme  

Re: Resigned and then will look for another job 2015/10/4 14:53
You can job-hunt, but if you find a new job, you will probably need a change of status before you can start working, so your new employer must be willing and able to sponsor you for a work status for that job.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Resigned and then will look for another job 2015/10/4 15:11
If you are here on "trainee" status, and if you look for another employer while staying on that status, your new job/employer must meet the qualifications for "trainee" visa too. (If you qualify for jobs that fall under other categories in "work visa," that would be a different situation - then the new employer needs to sponsor you for a work visa.)

And I am sorry to say this but this "trainee" visa or "skilled labor" visa have been known to be abused by "some" employers in Japan, who want to have laborers at low wages. It is supposed to include at least several months of "training" then hands-on practice, but often the employer simply uses the workers from day one, under very difficult conditions.

What does your contract say your pay and hours are supposed to be? Do they have other terms and conditions for giving notice to leave the employment, or any penalty if you quit, etc.?

If you can prove (on paper) that, for example, you have worked overtime with no pay, or that your wage undercuts the minimum wages, you can take the matter to Labor Standards Office. But of course by then you must be prepared to quit the job, because they tend to find out who took up issue. Possibly talk to your embassy in Japan?

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resigned and then will look for another job 2015/10/4 15:15
your visa is not a working visa.
training is not the same to working.
you have to go back to your country, after you finish the training.
then, you can apply a working visa, if you are eligible.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread