Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/5 08:07
Hi,
I might need to use Toyoko Inn's parking garage in Kagoshima chuo, or some other night parking option near the station for my rental car, in case I cant make it for the shop closes.

Have anyone here tried the parking garage they offer? I know it is on a first come first served basis so no reservation possible, but I don't know how to use it. I have seen some parking their cars in it, driving it in and so but I guess information is in Japanese only.

My Japanese is a bit limited to basics. I guess they have no one who does the parking for you either.
by Parking (guest)  

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/5 13:01
There are two Toyoko Inns for "Kagoshima Chuo", however they are quite similar. Both have parking garages, which seems to be so -called "立体駐車場" or "Parking tower".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT7Itae0k1E
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/5 13:33
What you do is go to the parking garage, inform the parking attendant and he/she will activate the parking tower. Once the garage door open, drive your car in. Once done, turn off the engine and put on your parking brake.
Leave the car, lock it and take whatever your stuff you need out. The attendant will give you a token. You will need to show token whenever you take the car as it show the parking lot number. FYI you get different token number everytime you park. It is not fix.

Show the token or inform the reception about the parking. Or you can do it in reverse sequence.

Know that parking is not free. Also at some place have parking curfew where you cant use the car frm 0000-0600.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/5 20:49
Okiday!

Where does this parking attendant work? Is he/she behind the desk or just stand outside the parking tower?

How do I know if the Kagoshima garages are in curfew?

And about some phrases.

パーキングをしたいです。パーキングスロットがありますか。
If I want to park my car

パーキングから車を持ってきたいです。
If I want to fetch it from the garage

Would that be appropriate?

Is it possible to see from the outside or somehow if it is full without asking someone?

In case it happens to be full. Are there any nearby parking spots around Kagoshima Chuo station? I am not familiar with parking in Japan so I try to avoid fines...
by Parking (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 01:02
There is a booth next to the garage where attendant is.
You either call or just turn up there to check whether full or not.
The attendant or reception will inform about parking curfew if any.
Not much communication needed for parking, a simple onegaishimasu will do just fine.
As for other parking alternative, a quick check on google map show there are plenty 24hrs pay parking in tke vicinity.
Notice that there are 2 Toyoko Inn near Kagoshima Chuo Station, one on the East Exit and anotker on the West Exit.

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 01:21
Clip showing parking garage at one of Toyoko Inn.
They are mostly the same arrangement.

https://youtu.be/hDyWIR7fKrM

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 02:16
I will be in the west exit Toyoko Inn (nishi). Since the rental shop closes by 20.30 it will not be an issue until after that time. Also, since I have a two day rental, I might use the garage a bit earlier but I guess the check in rush is way over. Will not be very late though as I try to avoid driving in the dark (dark hits around 17-18 anyway so...)

I looked through google maps street view, apparently there is a parking entrance from the street going to the back of the hotel (railway side).

But say I arrive at the hotel late evening. Should I stop the car outside the hotel and head in and ask if there is parking or just go through the parking entrance to see if there is anyone there in the booth?

Is there any signage showing the parking is full or not? Or would I expect him to cross his arms saying パーキングはいっぱいですよ。

Thank you for the clip. By the way, the man checking the car position, is he the parking booth man perhaps?

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 02:37
Hi,
We stayed several times in Toyoko Inns using their parking facilities.
Because most Toyoko Inns have different systems (using cards, tokens, numbers etc) you can not say how exactly the one at Kagoshima works. As there is not always a parking attendant around, i always went to the front desk for assistance and they are always kind to help.

Have a nice trip
B. Slager
by Butchijo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 03:13
Butchijo,
Thank you for sharing your experiences :)

Just curious, where did you put the car while speaking to the front desk staff?

By the way, I remember when staying in Toyoko Inn Osaka Noda, right outside of the window where you could sit and have breakfast there was this parking entrance. I saw some people leave and get their car during breakfast. I wouldn't fancy driving in Osaka though, and a bit too much audience for a newbie, hehe...

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 03:36
Oh, here we go.

Apparently there are two entrances to the parking. Found "no 2" here:

https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@31.5857602,130.5419735,3a,15y,204.45h,8...

I suppose the green light means the parking is vacant, since the door is closed. Seems to be some kind of box and phone (?) beside.

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 04:18
Hi Parking,

I left the car just in front of the garage door, takes only a minute or so. Of course you have to watch that nobody is just at that moment retrieving his car. Also sometimes there is some room in front of the parking tower.

I drove around in Tokyo without problems and i don't think it is much different in Osaka. BTW i toured from staying in Osaka (Namba) by car the Izu peninsula but i rented the car from Wakayama so i escaped the morning rush.

B. Slager
by Butchijo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 07:30
If you were to look at the P sign , if the 満車 light up it mean the car park is full. 出庫 and flashing orange light mean there is a car ge tting out.

Normally there are a spot or two in front for customer to temporary park while they do their check in/out.

Yes, the man in the video checking is the attendant.

Green light above the door do not indicate parking empty, it is to show that the parking tower lift is ready to receive car. You can drive in once door is open. Red mean wait.

The box is for control the lift while phone maybe use to contact front desk or booth if no one is around.

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 08:15
So it is not visibly possible to see if the parking is full or not? It would be an ease to avoid driving in and finding out it is full, having to look for another parking in the late evening.

By the way, someone said a simple googling found many 24 h parking around but I can not find so many.

There are some parking for the Shinkansen but I will not ride it so I guess I cant park there.

Re: Toyoko Inn Parking Kagoshima 2015/10/6 08:42
https://goo.gl/DNkqDp
タイセイ第2駐車場
タイムズ西田
トラストパーク鹿児島中央駅前 駐車場

Are 24H parking within walking distance. You shouldn't be concern too much about Toyoko Inn carpark being full, unless you're visiting during big event/holiday.

What not visible??? If you look at the Toyoko Inn Kagoshima Nishi front entrance there is a P sign that is visible. It will indicate full or not. 満車 light up it mean the car park is full. 出庫 and flashing orange light mean there is a car ge tting out.
https://goo.gl/YTP8In
by 。。 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread