Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Public bath in Matsue 2015/10/6 07:45
Hey,
I reserved a ryokan in Matsue for one night since I could not find any better options when I stay. However, there apparently is no shower in the building so they refer to use a public bath instead.

How many such can be found in Matsue? Are there any more or less foreigner friendly to use?

by Public b (guest)  

Re: Public bath in Matsue 2015/10/6 12:46
Usually you shower first. Scrub down and soap self before entering the common bath. If bathing with Others is not your thing, you can just shower and leave.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Public bath in Matsue 2015/10/6 13:17
I am a Japanese traveling around Japan, and Matsue is one of my favorite place. As for the "business hotels", Matsue has not so many, especially good ones such as Richmond or Roynet. However, honestly I cannot imagine of a "ryokan" which have no shower facility in the building in today's Japan. Even the low-end inns in Osaka's Airin district have public bath with shower. Did you confirm the ryokan really don't have public (shared) bath with shower? I think there is some kind of mis-communication. If you ask them "do you have shared shower rooms?", then they might answer, "no, we don't." since the concept of "shower rooms" is not popular in Japan's accommodations. Rather most of the traditional ryokan have public baths (usually for men and women, sometimes for families). In many case, these public baths have showers in it.

Anyway, if the ryokan really has no bath, no shower, there are some public baths, and if you prefer personal shower booth, internet cafes with shower. You might better ask for the ryokan which is nearby.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Public bath in Matsue 2015/10/6 16:59
Probably they meant that there is no shower/bath "in" the individual guestrooms, but that they have a public/shared bath facility at the ryokan?

Have you checked places like Toyoko In Matsue-eki-mae (in front of Matsue station), or Route Inn Matsue? Those ae so-called "business hotels," which always have in-room bath/shower unit.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread