Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help me fill in my last two days 2015/10/6 12:50
I have written an itinerary, this being the basic outline
http://puu.sh/kA9Wx/002ad3d325.png

Please can you guys recommend anything for the gaps? I not sure what to do. Travelling solo
by Luke (guest)  

Re: Help me fill in my last two days 2015/10/6 17:10
Hi,

It would help to know which month we're dealing with exactly.
Also, you have a lot of very full days. From what I can make out, you're flying for 2 days and then the day you arrive in Tokyo, you also plan to see a lot of sights. I don't know how well you deal with jetlag but I think it's virtually impossible to be walking around in busy Tokyo the entire day after flying for about 15 hours (rough guess since you have a stopover).

For your day in Tokyo, maybe visit Nikko or take a train to Sendai for example? Lots of stuff to do there. You could always do everything you planned to in Tokyo first and wait and see what you couldn't do (which, in my opinion, is bound to happen with a full schedule such as this) and do that on your final day in Tokyo.

In Kyoto, you might consider a side-trip to Himeiji but there's also plenty of things to do in Osaka, much more than you're currently doing, so I'd recommend going there one day earlier.

Your final open day includes almost a full day of being on the train (from Koyasan to Tokyo is somewhere between 7-8 hours). So you don't have much time to do anything. If you want to do something in the evening, consider heading to Roppongi and visiting the Mori Building. There's amazing night views from the observation deck there.
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

Re: Help me fill in my last two days 2015/10/6 22:51
Would it be better to do the odaiba day the first day the?

Travelling next week
by Luke (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help me fill in my last two days 2015/10/6 23:31
I think you should spread out what you have planned for Tokyo more evenly. Just shift one or two of the things that you want to do on other days but are close to each other and do it on the day you still have free. For example, you want to go to the Skytree but are not going to Asakusa. These make a great combination for an entire afternoon. Even though this means that you might have a day where you'll have finished your scheduled sights early in the day, Tokyo is more than big enough to go somewhere on the fly. Hopping on the Yamanote Line and going to any of the major stations is bound to find you something to do. For example, Akihabara is not on your schedule. Even if you don't like anime or manga (which I doubt) it's fun to walk around there, especially if you've never been there before. Just hop onto the train and get out at Akihabara station.
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread