Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko daytrip itinerary 2015/10/6 18:50
Hi all.
Next April I'll visit Japan.
Amongst Others I will visit:
Tokyo - Takayama - Shirakawa-go - Kanazawa - Koyasan - Nara (possibly) - Himeji - Hiroshima - Miyajima (possibly).
Now I am thinking to also do a daytrip Nikko from Tokyo.
- (how) can I visit both some of the Nikko temples and a bit of the National Park, while on a daytrip from Tokyo?

Also I am not sure if this itinerary might cause some 'temple fatigue' at some point. Do you think this is too much and, if so, which place should I not go to.

Thanks in advance
Regards,

John
by John (guest)  

Re: Nikko daytrip itinerary 2015/10/6 23:08
It all depends on the person. As long as the architecture is impressive and the grounds gives a calming feel, I can visit temple after temple.

Let me tell you, in Japan, the temples are calming and beautiful. At least those I've been and those in the cities you highlighted.

If you however are more into hiking, shopping, water sports then you would have to revise your plans.

How many days are you planning for each city? If you are planning to stay in each city for only one day, then I would suggest not doing Nikko and concentrate on the cities already in your plan.

Putting Nara as a possibility is sad. Putting Miyajima as a possibility while Hiroshima is not is near blaspheme.

Another point is which part of April would you be in Japan. If during Sakura season in changes things slightly...

If going during April, there are some highlights besides Nikko like Ibaraki's garden, Kitakyushu's Kawa Fuji garden, and Fuji's pink moss. It all depends on which part of April you are going.

Now to the main question. That is the day trip to Nikko from Tokyo.
You can visit the mausoleum, light trekking to see a waterfall or two, and visit Chuzenji lake in one day.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread