Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Attire for October 2015/10/7 04:23
Hi, I will be visiting Japan from 18th October 2015 till 26th October 2015. My trip will include Tokyo, Kawaguchiko, Kyoto and Osaka. What kind of attire should I wear since it will be autumn in Japan by that time. I'm not really sure how the temperature will be like. Thank you.
by farah (guest)  

Re: Attire for October 2015/10/7 14:56
That will be a great time of year. It will be cooling down but not cold, though I think that there have been typhoons coming into October sometimes in which event you'd get plenty of rain. I don't think you would need anything heavy at all. I'd pack pretty light for that time of year.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attire for October 2015/10/7 18:48
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2273.html

Check the page above for temperature information :)

Today in Tokyo it was nice and sunny but quite windy during the day that I kept my jacket on over my half-sleeve shirt almost all day during the day. Toward the evening it felt a bit chilly so my big shawl came in handy. Go with layers so you can adjust :)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Attire for October 2015/10/7 18:59
At least one long-sleave light jacket would help. But other than that, gloves and scarves help a lot in climates like these. They are light and tiny, so you can carry them around even in the city, and won't even make you look overly heavy.

For example, as a woman living here in the city I wear a half-sleave T-shirt during a sunny day with long light pants and socks, and at night time and chilly days I would put on a long-sleave over it. And then if it's colder, I would adjust with scarves and gloves.

If you're hiking at Kawaguchiko, you'd want to carry a waterproof parka or something, though.
by Uco rate this post as useful

typo 2015/10/7 19:16
I'm sorry for the typo. "sleave" should have been "sleeve."

by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread