Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Proposed to work in japan 2015/10/8 01:00
Hello I'm from Mexico and i received proposal from my company to move to japan for 2 years. The concern that I have is if proposed salary will be enough to live or if i should request something more because i will move with my wife and 1 year baby. The place to live and work will be oume shi or tachikawa.

First salary informed was this

Labor (12 months + 4 months bonus) 4500000 y
Rent, electricity, heating 100000 y
Incentive 2250000y
Total 1 month 622000 y

Also, i received new information that salary could be reduced a little bit due to this is manager salary in japan and i'm just engineer.

Aditionally i need to pay some bills in Mexico, almost 800 USD per month.

Should I re-consider this proposal? Do you consider this as a good opportunity?

Thank you
by Uriel (guest)  

Re: Proposed to work in japan 2015/10/8 12:56
How did you arrive at the number of 622,000 yen per month?

But if that is the pay you get monthly, in terms of the numbers it sounds decent; but please check specifically for YOUR salary, not just the manager's salary. Also it would be advisable to ask if there will be overtime work and if there will be overtime pay. Also if the company pays for the rent, helps you with the initial set-up, and transportation (commuting). I assume this will be a Japan office of your company, so there will be contributions you need to pay in toward health insurance, etc.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Proposed to work in japan 2015/10/9 04:37
Thank you for your answer.

Sorry total per month is 662500 y considering labor incentive and rent.

The company is the headquater in japan and my main concern is taxes and insurance that i should pay, because salary looks good but im not sure after that.

So far i haven't got information of transportation house, i just got this salary proposal, so im not sure if is good or not the opportunity.

If i just got this salary, is that enough to start and live un japan?
by Uriel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Proposed to work in japan 2015/10/10 03:32
After taxes and insurance, take-home pay would be around 500,000 at least.

You should be fine. Spend 100,000 on rent, you have the rest left over for savings, food, etc.
by cmsp (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread