Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

budget for 7 days 2015/10/8 04:21
Hello,
I am single & plan to be in Japan for 7 days in October 15. I have made all room reservations and have JR RAIL PASS FOR 7 DAYS.

Plan to be i Tokyo for 2 days , one day mount Fuji, 2 days Kyoto, on day in Osaka or Hiroshima. one day in Nikko

How much should be my budget for food & sight seeing for this 7 days.
by Spartans  

Re: budget for 7 days 2015/10/8 16:20
Hi,

It kind of depends on what you plan to do. If you don't visit any theme parks/aquariums/etc and don't eat at expensive restaurants, I'd be surprised if you spend more than 30USD a day. I prefer eating quick and cheap and don't go to any theme parks so I usually don't spend more than 100USD a week for food/travel.
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

Re: budget for 7 days 2015/10/8 17:52
Japan guide gives information on sites and their entrance fee. Based on that you can calculate how much you'll be spending. The cost of the bus or local train to the attraction is alo available.

For food, 1usd equates a rice ball, 2usd can have multiple oden pieces. A soba costs upwards of 3usd. A ramen costs upwards of 7usd. A curry rice wouldn't cost more than 10usd. A can drink cost about 1usd.

A chic restaurant will costs anywhere from 20-40usd for dinner. Lunch would be cheaper.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: budget for 7 days 2015/10/11 23:25
Hi,
Thanx for the information,
I do not wish to go to any theme park or exhibition with entrance fess.
I have made all arrangements for hotel stay/ sight seeing tours to Mt. Fuji & Nikko Natural Park & have JR RAIL PASS
I need to carry US Doller / yen for economical or ordinary food +
SHRINE ENTRANCE TICKETS, lOCAL TRAVEL not covered by JR RAIL PASS .how much money I need to carry FOR 7DAYS TRIP
Nothing to buy .
by Spartans rate this post as useful

Re: budget for 7 days 2015/10/12 00:53
US Dollar will be useless for you in Japan as everything takes yen. I think the previous posters have been using the dollar rates as it is their local currency. Anyhoo I have just come back from a trip. I actually spent 5500 yen a day & bought far too many cd`s & gifts so I would expect you would spend less than that. Many currency exchange companies offer a buy back service where you can change any leftover yen back to your currency at the same rate you paid so you can take more than you need & not spend your holiday worrying about running out of cash.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: budget for 7 days 2015/10/12 04:21
Really depends what you are going to do but I will say about 45000yen for the week should be fine.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread