Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rent a cell phone in Japan 2015/10/8 05:25
Hi, everyone. I'm going from Brazil to Japan in a month and I need to know more about cell phone rental (my cell phone is very old, I couldn't rent a SIM card even I wanted). I'll stay there for a long time, maybe a semester, and I also don't know how it works there...
What do you think about rent a cell phone here, in Brazilian company, and then travel? I found a company that looks like cheap: http://presscell.com/international-asia/.

Thanks.
by will90  

Re: Rent a cell phone in Japan 2015/10/15 10:57
Hard to tell if that company is cheap since they don't publish their rates. In general though, it would be cheaper and easier to get something from a domestic company. Can you tell us what you require (voice only, voice + data)? A prepaid cell from softbank is probably the absolute cheapest, although it doesn't include internet.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Rent a cell phone in Japan 2015/10/15 21:15
Thanks, yllwsmrf. Yes, I'll need to rent only voice and data, I'll use friends wifi hotposts there. Since I posted here I found other companies, but I didn't order anything yet. I'll check more and call you again soon.
Thank you very much for all.
by will90 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread