Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka, Kyoto & Tokyo in 7D6N in Dec 2015 2015/10/8 20:29
Hi guys. I'm new here. I need a huge help, hope someone can help. Me and my mom (59 year old strong working and active) are planning to visit Japan for the first time.

We are planning to visit Osaka(2days), Kyoto(1.5 days) & Tokyo(3.5 days). Is this possible in your opinion? Tokyo is a definite in my itinerary at the same time, i would like to include 1 or 2 more cities into the itinerary.

We dont really want to see too many temples or gardens/parks. Just one or two is fine, the popular ones.

And also, any suggestions for cheap shopping (Me being in my early 20s) and im sure there are areas where locals shop for cheap clothes and things).

And also wondering any recommendation for halal foods for the 3 locations.

Really hope i could get a reply asap, thank you so much, and looking forward.
by jagadesomething  

Re: Osaka, Kyoto & Tokyo in 7D6N in Dec 2015 2015/10/9 15:49
If temples and gardens are not your thing, perhaps going to Hakone might interest you. Some scenic views await you.

For cheaper buys in Tokyo there are places like Ueno. For Osaka there are places like Tennoji and Shinsekai.

Nagoya or Yokohama may be interesting cities that are near Tokyo. In this way, you would not have to use more money and time to travel from Osaka to Tokyo.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto & Tokyo in 7D6N in Dec 2015 2015/10/9 16:06
So, you want to see very few temples and few parks. So, what do you want to see exactly? Nature, like the poster above suggested? Do you prefer city-stuff, aka observation decks and stuff? If you do, there are plenty around Tokyo and Osaka. You could go shopping in Shinsekai and hop on the tsutenkaku tower for the city views for example. There should even be time left to stop by Osaka castle if you want since it's a short train ride away.

I imagine you're staying in Kyoto for temples since that's what Kyoto is famous for and this probably means you want to skip the temples in Tokyo. You could take a daytrip to Hakone or Nikko for nature views or, if you prefer another observation deck, consider visiting the Tokyo Skytree. Asakusa is relatively close to the Skytree so if you don't mind another temple along with some old-school souvenir shopping, stop by there as well. In the evenings, I recommend going to Roppongi hills and visiting the Mori building. It has amazing panoramic night views of the city.
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread