Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Momiji in Nara/Tokyo and Kyoto 2015/10/12 01:23
Hi guys,
We are going to travel to Japan for Momiji from 31 October to 07 November. I wonder if in that time, the leaves in Osaka, Nara, Tokyo, Kyoto and Mt.Fuji would change color yet? I read some information that the Osaka, Tokyo and Kyoto are the places where momiji season, or the peak of the season, are quite late compared to others.

Hope you can help me with the information about the fall season in those citis during that time.

Many thanks!
by sansan (guest)  

Re: Momiji in Nara/Tokyo and Kyoto 2015/10/12 08:51
We are going to travel to Japan for Momiji from 31 October to 07 November. I wonder if in that time, the leaves in Osaka, Nara, Tokyo, Kyoto and Mt.Fuji would change color yet?

It is generally too early for Osaka, Nara, Tokyo and Kyoto, but there are many side trip options to see the colors. As for Mount Fuji, the Fuji Five Lake region could be quite nice already.

Basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_when.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Momiji in Nara/Tokyo and Kyoto 2015/10/13 12:57
Thank you very much for the reply. So at that time, the leaves are still green, or do have some changes in color, just not reach to the peak?
by sansan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Momiji in Nara/Tokyo and Kyoto 2015/10/13 15:05
Based on my experience in the area, I would say that you might see a small smattering of color, but it's really hard to say. Another member on the forum mentioned that colors seem very slightly early this year as it has been cool, but I'm not sure if that applies to Nara, etc.

Check out the autumn color reports here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo14/

You can browse previous years to get an idea of the general state during your time frame and what might be more colorful. Good luck!
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread