Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca and Haruka Twice? 2015/10/12 17:18
Hi there. I was wondering if it's possible to purchase the ICOCA and Haruka package twice?

I'm traveling with my mother around Japan for part of my trip, but we fly in on separate dates. I don't think she would be comfortable trying to pick up her tickets and board the train herself from the airport alone because she speaks zero Japanese and doesn't want to cause any unnecessary inconvenience because of it.

I would use my first return ticket to pick her up. Then when collecting her tickets I would get another return package for myself to travel back into Kyoto with and use the return on that when I actually fly out.

Because it requires presenting my passport again, surely they would know I have already bought one already on the current temporary visitor allowance?

If it is possible, should I reserve both packages for myself online, or once online and once at the counter?
If not possible, what other options do I have in regards to saving money being as I'm doing the two extra trips?

Also as a side question, as the tickets are non-reserved, can the outward journey be to Kyoto and the inward from Tennoji on the same package?

Any help on the matter is very much appreciated :)
by arryfei (guest)  

Re: Icoca and Haruka Twice? 2015/10/12 18:05
Traveling "around Japan" without a JR Pass? You can get a 1-day Kansai Pass for the "intermediate" round trip.

http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/kansai/
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka Twice? 2015/10/12 23:56
https://www.westjr.co.jp/press/article/items/130129_00_icoca.pdf
滞在中、一人あたり1回、一枚限りの発売となります。
you can buy the ticket once during your trip to Japan.
I don't know they collect your passport information or not. but that is their rule for issuing the discount ticket.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread