Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/13 13:06
We want to visit Fuji region. I guess the best town to visit in Fuji Five Lakes area is kawaguchiko. Noticed that there is direct train connection from Shinjuku with Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko. Can we take this train using our JR Rail Passes?
by Ivan (guest)  

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/13 14:09
You will have to pay the fare from Otsuki to Kawaguchiko, as is usual on a JR train using tracks of another company.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/13 18:14
How do i pay the difference of the fare and where?
Thank you
by Ivan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/13 18:35
Usually it's either on board the train when the conductor checks your ticket, or at the destination station when you exit the ticket gate. In both cases, you will not have a valid ticket for the Fujikyu section, so you will be asked to buy a ticket from Otsuki to whichever station you will disembark at.

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/14 17:21
Okay, so basically i will just have to pay the fare that not covered with JR pass when i arrive at Kawaguchiko?
i dont need to buy another tix for otsuki - kawaguchiko in shinjuku station right?

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/14 17:41
Right. It's probably not even possible to buy a Fujikyu ticket at Shinjuku station anyway.

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/15 00:21
Yes Japan Rail Pass is Valid upto Otsuki Station.
I took this train before and yes, once the train arrives in Otsuki Station, JR Staff gets off the train and FujiQ Staff gets on. Once the train starts moving the start asking people if you have a ticket and if not to buy one from them. They do not have IC card reader so you will need to bring some Yen with you.

The train is awesome! And Direct as well, so nice!

Hope this helps!!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Holiday Rapid Fujisan 2015/10/15 03:30
This seasonal through rapid service (connecting Shinjuku and Kawaguchiko) got renamed as Holiday Rapid Fujisan.
: Shinjuku (08:14) --[Holiday Rapid Fujisan 1]-- (10:26) Kawaguchiko.
: Kawaguchiko (16:00) --[Holiday Rapid Fujisan 2]-- (18:04) Shinjuku.
It's a time-limited service, which is to be offered in 2015 until the 29th of November on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays only.
The remaining legal holidays will be the 3rd and the 23rd of November.

A nationwide Japan Rail Pass or a JR-East Pass is not valid on the Fujikyuko line (Otsuki -- Kawaguchiko).
A JR Kanto Area Pass (issued by JR-East) can cover fees concerning this JR-East - Fujikyuko through rapid service.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku Holiday Rapid Kawaguchiko 2015/10/15 10:53
Thank you everyone! appreciate it

reply to this thread