Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 13:18
hi, just want to have some information on how to schedule my plan for the 3day in kyoto....
i will be arrive in kansai airport on 15th oct 3pm.. by the way i reach kyoto i think will be around 5pm or 6pm.. any suggestion for the first night? the following day on 16th i want to visit below this folloing place,

-kiyomizu-dera
-kinkaku-ji
-arashiyama
-fushimi inari- taisha
-gion
nishiki market

the following date on 17th in the afternoon or evening i will be going to osaka for another 5days 4night stay..

thanks ya

by elaine0909  

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 15:15
For first night, go down and check out Yasaka Shrine as it's lit up at night and really pretty. From there you can check out Gion at night, and grab some food in Pontocho or along Shijo street. Plenty of action around that area in the evening.

16th: Nishiki Market in the morning, you can check out Gion again during the day if you wish, walking towards Kiyomizudera. Then Fushimi Inari

17th: Kinkakuji, Arashiyama
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 16:29
thanks u very much....
by elaine0909 rate this post as useful

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 16:51
For me, I feel gion is more magically in the evening/night. You can go there on your first day. You can also go to Fushimi Inari at night. If you are going during the night illumination season, you can go to Kiyomisudera instead.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 17:00
okok... i will go gion at night after i check in my hotel... thanks u alot.. i headache to plan which place to go first.. because i never been japan before... all the place not familiar also... n mostly all the temple close early and i dont have much time...

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 17:38
kansai thru pass is a best for me? or got any other recommend?

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/13 22:53

The Haruka & Icoca pass is worth while too.
It gives you access to the airport express train (Limited Express Haruka) from Kansai Airport to major Osaka stations (Shin-Osaka, Tennoji), and Kyoto Station. And back to the airport.

The Icoca is the train/bus pass. Something like HK's octopus card and SG's EZLink. You can use it to travel around Kyoto and Osaka. It makes more sense as you are doing light travel over a long period.

As you mentioned, Kansai pass is also worth it but it is better when you travel large distances over a short period of time. For example, Kyoto to Himeji.

Where is your hotel? If it is near Kyoto station, you can take the train to Fushimi Inari Shrine and see the sunset of Kyoto and the night lights of the shrine. It is open 24 hours. After that you can take the Keihan railway line to Gion station to eat and walk about. If you feel tired, you can instead take the JR Line to Kyoto station for dinner.

To get from Kinkakuji to Arashiyama, take the Raiden. (Tram car)
If you are only going to Arashiyama for Tenryuji, Bamboo forest, and the Sagano romantic train plus lunch... then you can
Kinkakuji bus to Ryoanji
Ryoanji walk to Ninnanji
Ninnanji Raiden tram car to Arashiyama

If you plan to do the whole of Arashiyama then this is not possible.

If you like Ramen, there is an Ippudo ramen on the western end of Nishiki Market. If not the eastern end of Nishiki Market is near Teramachidori that has lots of food too.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3day 2night in kyoto 2015/10/14 01:45
I think you are spending too much in Osaka and not enough in Kyoto. I have been to Japan a few times and I still haven't been able to see all of Kyoto properly. There are some lesser known temples in Kyoto that are just breathtaking. Just do some more research and see.

Good luck.
by AMaji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread