Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14 days Budget Travel in Japan Chubu Region 2015/10/13 15:19
Hi guys , I need some suggestion on my plan in Dec 23 2015~ 5 Jan 2016
I am a budget backpacker . Do you think my below plan could help me to save some penny . I have 2 pax here . I will buy JR 7 days pass .

23/12 - Reach Haneda 10:30 pm , Sleep in the airport
24/12 - Tokyo (Shibuya, Harajuku, & Shinjuku and Christmas eve Celebration )
25/12 - Tokyo (Tsuji Market , Akihabara, Tokyo University , Tokyo Tower )
26/12 - Tokyo (Ghibli museum , no idea )
27/12 - Nikko/ Mount Fuji area * depends weather* go Nagano "stay Yamanouchi region ) 1st day JR PASS activation
28/12 - Nagano ( snow monkey , onsen , old street touring )
29/12 - Morning train to Kanazawa ( Kenrokuen , visit local Stay a night
30/12 & 31/12 - Takayama & Hida Furukawa (Suggetion ? Stay Takayama)
1/12 - Nagoya ( Touring around and have some Unagi don perhaps??Stay Nagoya / Kyoto)
2/12 - 4/12 - Kyoto ( I would like to visit some unique temple and touring around , Suggestion besides temple ?) JR 7 pass expired 2/1
4/12 - Transfer to Osaka
5/12 - Half day tour (Not sure if I want spend 2 days here or rather in Kyoto ? Osaka see to be another City )
- 4:55pm afternoon Flight back to KL

Basically I would like to try couchsurfing in Tokyo , Takayama, and Kyoto . I'm still struggling to get host for this .
As I know end Dec and Jan would be busy month and full booking month
by wayfarerchris  

Re: 14 days Budget Travel in Japan Chubu Region 2015/10/13 17:12
Shibuya, Harajuku, & Shinjuku and Christmas eve Celebration
Shopping in Japan opens pretty late and closes pretty early.
Guessing you are pretty active to go through all that.

Tsuji Market , Akihabara, Tokyo University , Tokyo Tower
This is more manageable.

Ghibli museum , no idea
This is too free. Sometime wrong with your schedule. You rush on the day after taking the flight in and then slowly get slower. I recommend Asakusa's Sensoji and Meiji Shrine. Since Meiji Shrine, Ometesando and Harajuku, and Yoyogi park are in the vicinity of each other you could plan a day as so. A trip through the cheap shops about Ueno is another idea.

For sleeping in Tokyo there are hostels and capsule hotels.

For travelling, if you want to save you could rent a bicycle. Another way is to take the overnight willer bus. Sleeping on the bus means you save a night in a hotel and don't waste daylight hours travelling.

by xxx (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days Budget Travel in Japan Chubu Region 2015/10/15 10:09
Hi there , but if I wanna transfer from Tokyo to Nagano it would not take very long right ?
by wayfarerchris rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days Budget Travel in Japan Chubu Region 2015/10/15 10:18
Sometime wrong with your schedule. You rush on the day after taking the flight in and then slowly get slower.

The pace looks ok to me, especially considering travel times become longer outside of the big cities.

i there , but if I wanna transfer from Tokyo to Nagano it would not take very long right ?

It's about 1.5 hrs by shinkansen. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6003.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days Budget Travel in Japan Chubu Region 2015/10/15 11:02
Hi yllwsmrf , just wonder for the weather condition in Chubu region during winter end Dec to Jan ? In between Takayama , Kanazawa & Nagoya which place are worth to spend more during the winter visitation ?
by wayfarerchris rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days Budget Travel in Japan Chubu Region 2015/10/16 01:10
Opps at above,

You could stay at Kamata area for the night which is not that far from Haneda. Not bad pricing for just the one night.

You should have enough time to catch the last train to Keikyu-Kamata Station and then walk to the hotel.

Everything else looks good pace to me.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread