Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

E-connect or Japan-Wifi Router 2015/10/13 18:08
Hi All,
Im considering between these 2 service providers as they allow to send to our Airbnb apartment.
May I know which one is better. We will be connecting to 3 phones. Our visiting areas are mostly at Osaka/ Kyoto only.

Thanks in advance!!!!
by Jaycie (guest)  

Re: E-connect or Japan-Wifi Router 2015/10/14 03:16
E Connect was fine for the three of us last year (Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima in the main, plus a day at Universal Studios in Osaka). You will have to limit usage a bit when you're out and about all day though, because of the battery life; turning it on and off when you need/want to use it, rather than having it switched on permanently in your bag.
by Tim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: E-connect or Japan-Wifi Router 2015/10/17 10:26
Hi Tim,
Thanks for the reply.
Just would like to know what kind of speed you using, low or high speed?

Thank you once again!
by Jaycie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: E-connect or Japan-Wifi Router 2015/10/17 16:24
I use an LTE router (Y-mobile network) via JapanWireless (takes two minutes to pick up on arrival) because I want up to 10 devices, and it runs 24/7, but I do have an extra power supply.

If you are worried about battery life, get a decent standby battery - I have a Panasonic 8300mAh version I've had for a couple of years and recently we also got one of the new Sony models (8000mAh) for my wife to carry - more charge than my laptop. Pricing between Y5000 and Y8000 depending on what you get. The "extra" battery delivered with the router is a bit pathetic.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: E-connect or Japan-Wifi Router 2015/10/18 17:28
It was the high speed one.
by Tim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread