Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sideline business and part time jobs 2015/10/13 22:54
Is it okay for a gaijin to have a sideline business (like selling little stuffs) or having a part time job (like on-call english tutor) while working as a full time employee in japan? I mean will Japanese employers be okay with it and will have nothing against it?

Actually i dont have a concrete plan yet. I just remember that i used to sell when i was a student
by soontobetokyogirl  

Re: sideline business and part time jobs 2015/10/15 10:50
Depends on the terms of your contract.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: sideline business and part time jobs 2015/10/15 10:55
What if nothing in the contract specified that kind of setup? I am more concerned if they considered it ethical or not in japan and if its common for salary men in general to have extra source of income
by soontobetokyogirl rate this post as useful

Re: sideline business and part time jobs 2015/10/15 11:23
Little sidelines like selling stuff on auction probably wouldn't be a problem, but part time jobs may be an issue even if they are not expressly prohibited in your contract. Also note that part time jobs would require you to get prior permission from immigration, and they could be difficult to hide especially with the new mynumber system that is set to debut shortly.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread