Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 16:59
Hi!
My flight out of Haneda Airport's International Terminal departs at 23:45.. Planning to arrive at the airport earlier. Which terminal should I head for to have a good final meal?
Tq, Mel
by Melanie Putra  

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 17:16
I would have my last meal in central Tokyo instead of Haneda Airport. I was shocked at the prices and quality of food at the international terminal when I used it the other day. It feels like it is not Japan anymore. Overpriced, low quality. Could be any other airport in the world.

But frankly speaking: I tried only one of the restaurants. Maybe I made a bad choice.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 17:25
The food is even less remarkable at the domestic terminals.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 17:42
Hi Uji!

Thanks, try to avoid Haneda for final meal then..

Tq, Mel
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 20:07
I agree with Uji on this one. I've had one or two reasonable meals at the international terminal - but that's it. It's also quite expensive (by Japanese standards) and can be very average as well..
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 20:23
If you are just after a quick meal, it's consider reasonable, but as a last memory before leaving Japan, I will consider what others has mentioned, have it in central Tokyo before making your journey to the airport.

On the otherhand, if you want to look around and get gifts, then haneda is consider a good option.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/18 23:48
There is a Rokurinsha beyond security in the International Terminal. Highly recommended, and the lines that I've encountered are not long like the branch in Tokyo Station.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/19 00:30
Okay, I'm Japanese. But I do enjoy showing up at Haneda earlier to enjoy a meal before departure. But then, I enjoy doing that at any airport around the world, and to be honest I can't get tired of watching airplanes and I do love airports.

Anyway, my (Japanese) friends seem to like to have sushi before traveling aboard from Haneda. But I'm not so crazy about sushi, so I go to any eat-in place where I can watch airplanes, and that in Haneda International means near the Gates. After all, you feel safer to have security and immigration done before you start your beer.

Another little attraction at Haneda International is the Edo Market (Edo Komachi) which is before security and is pleasant to walk through. But you only need less than half an hour since there aren't much that are tempting enough to buy.

Personally, I do like the old domestic terminal Big Bird better, but it's very far from the international terminal, so I wouldn't say it's worth the trip unless you really like airports.

Sure, you might be able to have tastier stuff for cheaper prices in the center of the city, but if it's your first time to Haneda, why not? I eat/drink at Haneda just because it's once in a year or two for me. I remember drinking at BEER CLUB Verre Tokyo just because the scenery was best.

http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/premises/tenant/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/19 12:09
Thanks guys for all you invaluable feedbacks.
I've flown in & out of Haneda many times but always rushing through only. It's just a thought to spend more time there this trip on my way home. Will be staying at the Toyoko Inn property at Tennozu Isle, which is very near the monorail station. Guess I'll stick to the original plan of hanging out in Tokyo until after early dinner then catch the hotel's free shuttle from Shinagawa Station back to hotel. Grab our luggage and jump on the monorail to the airport.
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/20 01:23
Yes Haneda Airport food is expensive... but then its like any other airport. I found Narita has a better selection of foods but Haneda will probably improve more before 2020 games.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Haneda Terminal with better eating option? 2015/10/20 14:23
I am a Japanese, and for me, Haneda airport is for domestic flight, since I am living in Kagoshima in Kyushu island. When I want to go somewhere further than Tokyo, I usually fly to Tokyo (Haneda). And honestly, I don't feel foods in Haneda airport (domestic) are not so bad or expensive. The worst food I have experienced was in Asakusa. Maybe I am a countryman so that I can't find good restaurant in central Tokyo.

I have eaten several times at Haneda domestic terminal (Big Bird, that is) and always satisfied with the food. The restaurants I have eaten are: Nangoku-Shuka (Chinese), Akasaka-Rikyu (Chinese), Azumino (Soba noodle) and Numadu Uogashi Zushi. I enjoyed their foods every time. I once had Sukiyaki at Takafuku in the international terminal. It was not so bad, but I feel there are more choices in the domestic terminal.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread