Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Beppu-Kyoto-Tokyo-Beppu Transportation 2015/10/19 02:17
Im currently living in Beppu, Oita and will have an itinerary as below
Feb 8th to Feb 12th: Kyoto
Feb 13th to Feb 16th: Tokyo
Feb 17th: back to Beppu

I would appreciate it if somebody could give me some advice/recommendation on the transportation for this itinerary. Specifically I want to make it as economical as possible and also want to try the shinkansen on this trip.

Thanks in advance :)
by Liam (guest)  

Re: Beppu-Kyoto-Tokyo-Beppu Transportation 2015/10/19 08:46
The shinkansen won't be most economical, for sure.

I recommend the following:

Beppu - (air from Oita Airport) - Osaka - (train) - Kyoto - (shinkansen) - Tokyo - (air to Oita Airport) - Beppu

It would be cheaper to replace the shinkansen ride with an overnight bus journey (you would also save on one night's accommodation):
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html

As you probably know, Jetstar Japan has very low fares on the Oita-Osaka and Tokyo-Oita routes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Beppu-Kyoto-Tokyo-Beppu Transportation 2015/10/19 11:30
To even save more money you can take the shinkansen from Shin-Osaka station to Kyoto station.

If you want to experience a longer travel, you can get off the train at a later stop and without leaving the gantries, take the shinkansen backwards to Kyoto. May be illegal though, someone may have to clarify this.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread